Can't See

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

horsefly

Post by horsefly »

Good Morning, Mr. Lead Pot,

If you have a big fuzzy spot in the apperture, you may have what I just had fixed. Cataracts CAN start in the middle of your lens and they look like a fuzzy black dot it the apperture.

I just had mine fixed and I'll explain some more things about it on alterfurz's board in a few days. I haven't shot again yet, I was using the biggest or next to biggest opening in the MVA Hadley with the dot. Now I can see clearly with the SMALLEST opening in the same cup with half decent light.

Y'all be good.

horsefly
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Leadpot, I too have those things you refer to as tadpols. That is a very apt description :!: :( I too have them as well as some that look like fruit flies buzzing around in my line of sight, and a couple that look like lint :!: My eye doc refers to these as "free floaters" evidently when we get older, some of us have small particles of protein that break off and then are at liberty to float around in the liquid (aqueous) that keeps our eyes from deflating. They are a pain in the ass, and seem to appear just when I am about to let off a shot. I have to close my eyes for about 5 seconds, and then realign my sights all the while hoping that it doesn't come back untill after the shot breaks. What a pain :!: :x Randy
Randy Ruwe
Lead Pot

Post by Lead Pot »

I just got a new pair of glasses and had a set of yellow B&L lenses put in the old frames,they help some.I changed to a Hadley eye disk and I'm using a larger aperture.the .045 just dont work,a .070 lets me moove it enough. I asked the Doctor if they can be removed and he said yes,but your safer keeping them if you want to keep seeing.

Kurt
IronSight

Post by IronSight »

No cataracs yet, but I had trouble focusing on the front sight and the target with my perscription specs. My solution, I found these little semi-circle 'reading lenses' at the local drug store that adhere to perscription and/or sun glasses. They can be found at http://www.optx2020.com/ . They come in different diopters and the packaging allows you to test them right in the store before buying. They work great out to 200 yrds, haven't tried them beyond that. Cheap solution for only $20.
IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT WORK..AT LEAST MAKE IT LOOK GOOD!!
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

IronSight

That is a great idea to try. Even if it shouldn't work for me, it's certainly worth a try. Thanks for the web site.
Lee Stone
Ted Kramer

Post by Ted Kramer »

I've had those danged floaters for several years too. (am now 51)My opthalmologist also told me that they can be zapped with a laser, but then to figure on having cataract surgery within the year. Lots of people say their floaters change or go away at times, but mine seem to stay the same. Mine are now in both eyes and are positioned just at the worst possible spot, right where I focus. As Leadpot said tho, shaded glasses help some. Pheasant hunting is an adventure, don't know which "bird" to shoot at!
IronSight

Post by IronSight »

Lee,
Yea, these things work. With only my perscription specs, i could see the target alright, but when i try to focus on the front aperture sight everything went to blurry-unfocused hell. Basically they 'water down' my nearsighted perscription to allow focusing on an object a few feet away. You'll have to experiment with diopters to also allow focusing at long distances. I installed them on the outside of my perscription lenses instead of the inside. That rear tang sight has a habit of sometimes hitting my glasses during recoil and i don't want to chance that little reading lense popping off and hitting my eye.
Who was it that said, "you can't hit what you can't see" ?
IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT WORK..AT LEAST MAKE IT LOOK GOOD!!
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

One problem that I have with glasses and shooting, especially in the prone position, is that of my glasses fogging up, or sweat dripping onto the lenses and distorting what I am able to see. One thing that I have found to alleviate both of these problems is Decoit shooting glasses. The frames and especially the nose pieces are fully adjustable so that you can have the glasses sit farther out from your face. More air circulation to get rid of fogging, and less (a lot less) sweat dripping on to the lenses.

Another nice thing about them is that you are able to interchange lenses, from say clear to yellow or amber in just a couple of seconds. They are worth a look!! I need a new RX pretty soon, and will be getting a couple of more sets of lenses from them for my existing frames. Randy
Randy Ruwe