Red Rider vs Buffalo

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

slap head

Red Rider vs Buffalo

Post by slap head »

Here s a question my 6 year old son Wyatt asked me while we were shooting his Red Rider BB gun this afternoon . Dady how close will I have to get too a buffalo toget it with my gun?Not being an expert on such matters i said i wasn t sure so Wyatt suggested we ask those guys on the computer .
kamotz

Post by kamotz »

You'll shoot your eye out. :lol:
Once you shoot black, youll never go back
Omak Cowboy

got enuf gun?

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Wayatt,
A story my grandfather told comes to mind here. Grandfather Sam was a trapper up in Salmon Arm, BC at the beginning of the last century. He was as tough as old shoe leather and about as mean as a man can be.

I don't think Sam much liked anyone and for certain he hated bears. One day while comming home to the cabin a large brown came down the opposite side of the path and decided it was time for a fight. Now you can't outrun a bear, and Sam knew this, so he raised his 30 -30 and put one between the bear's eyes. A 30-30 doesn't kill a bear all at once and only made this one really mad. Sam got down on one knee for a good steady aim and emptied the gun into the bear.....who fell dead at Sam's feet.

It was a long time before I began to wonder why of all the guns in the corner of the room not ONE was a 30 -30. Sam liked 1895 Winchesters in '06. I've been well serverd in life by taking my grandfather's suggestions. My suggestion it practice on paper buffs until you can upgrade to something that hits a bit harder.

I carry a .45 cuz they dont' make a .46....and John Moses Browning knew what he was doing.

Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.