MIA......

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim Kidwell

MIA......

Post by Jim Kidwell »

I sure miss sparring with this guy......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
SSShooter

Re: MIA......

Post by SSShooter »

Indeed. Had one of the best dry wits of anyone I've ever met. And, an excellent gunsmith. May Steve RIP.
Glenn
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

I got to know Steve when we did the 'Snowbird' thing at Ben Avery a few times. I enjoyed his shoots and I enjoyed him. I miss him too and the good times. I only have one of those Cactus trophies and I treasure it. If I remember Kirk and I were tied for 2nd AAA, he beat me in the shoot-off. It may have been you that posted this one Jim, I saved it. Taken at Big Whiskey.
tVgT7I1.jpg

RIP Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Woody

Post by Woody »

Yes, Yes, and Yes. A force in this sport that made it what it is. I too miss his wit and knowledge and treasure my time with him.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
DeadEye

A Man of Many Talents

Post by DeadEye »

While we were at Ben Avery for the winter I had a chance to go over to Steve's house and see this being built. At the time he was working on the instrument cluster and the pilot for the Spirit of St. Louis. He told me what he paid for the engine but I'm not sure I remember correctly. I just know it was a lot. What an incredible man. There are a few vids posted, this is just one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Z3SRRWCQI

Enjoy
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Steve was a really nice guy, and he definitely did some nice gunsmithing. For a while I was kind of addicted to the used rifle section of his website.

One of the rifles I bought from his site was this really nice highwall. It was in .45-100 and had a 34" barrel. I got him cut the barrel down a bit and re-chamber with Dan Theodore's .45-70 PP reamer. It shoots the lights out.

Chris.