MVA 113 globe inserts

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

A Atwood

MVA 113 globe inserts

Post by A Atwood »

I’m looking for different globe inserts than MVA offers. I’m coming to dead ends so far. What I want is the larger round orifice openings, but with a thicker rim around them. I understand Ron Snover used to make what I’m looking for, but is no longer doing so.
Any other options out there?
Thanks,
ARN
Luke

Re: MVA 113 globe inserts

Post by Luke »

Shiloh itself has some inserts that should answer to your description.
Limber Up!
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Look for Ron Snover inserts
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Ron's business is IXL Enterprises. Address info is:
IXL Enterprises
1245 Delta Valley Rd
Greeneville, TN 37745
Ph: 426 234-0184 Fax: 423 234-0227
email: rsnover@adelphia.net
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

I bought two cards of inserts from Mr. Snover earlier this year. He does not reply to emails or answer his phone. I sent a check for $50 to his address. He called to inform me that his business entity, IXL, was defunct due to retirement, so I needed to send another check made out to him personally. I received the cards in a timely manner.
A Atwood

Post by A Atwood »

I’ve been in contact with Mr. Snover. He is no longer producing them and has exhausted his stock. I’ll check with Shiloh.
Thanks
A Atwood

Post by A Atwood »

parkergunz wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:51 am I bought two cards of inserts from Mr. Snover earlier this year. He does not reply to emails or answer his phone. I sent a check for $50 to his address. He called to inform me that his business entity, IXL, was defunct due to retirement, so I needed to send another check made out to him personally. I received the cards in a timely manner.
How long ago was this? I think he said he ran out of stock a couple months ago.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

A Atwood wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:59 pm I’ve been in contact with Mr. Snover. He is no longer producing them and has exhausted his stock. I’ll check with Shiloh.
Thanks
WOW, that's surprising to hear :shock:
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

I received the cards from him during the last week of April of this year. I probably got the last or near the last of his stock, I was lucky.
Tebbeman

Post by Tebbeman »

You might give Jim a call at MVA as he might make the inserts for you. I spoke with him at a match recently about Distant Thunder retiring and the difficulty of getting special inserts and he indicated he may be willing to make some for folks. Plus he's super generous to the Silhouette and Long range matches so I like to support MVA.

KT
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you...Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul & the other for your Freedom!
A Atwood

Post by A Atwood »

Tebbeman wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:42 pm You might give Jim a call at MVA as he might make the inserts for you. I spoke with him at a match recently about Distant Thunder retiring and the difficulty of getting special inserts and he indicated he may be willing to make some for folks. Plus he's super generous to the Silhouette and Long range matches so I like to support MVA.

KT
I purchased both front and rear sights from MVA. So yes, I’d love to support him. I will give him a call.
AA