Build time

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RudyN

Build time

Post by RudyN »

I am just checking what the normal build time would be. It is an 1874 in 45/70 without any special items. I ordered it in March of 2021 with a notice in August that it would be in the next build cycle.
bobw

Re: Build time

Post by bobw »

I'd bet on picking it up by April fools day..makes a good road trip. If a guy lives in a state adjacent to Montana it is the way to go...bobw
bobw
pete

Post by pete »

We drove from Colorado both times to pick up mine. Felt like Christmas when I was a kid.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Yup get to Shiloh pick up your gun go on up north on some blm in the hills burn some powder go back to town. Check into a motel and downtown for a beer and a steak, don't get much better than that. Next day back to Shiloh for whatever you forgot and over to the Fort just to look around and gas up, hit the road best damn road trip in the country..bobw
bobw
RudyN

Post by RudyN »

I wish I could just drive and pick it up, but I am in California which is a bit of a drive and then I have to have it sent to my FFL and then have to do paperwork there and wait 10 days before i can bring it home. I love living in the People's Republic of Kommiefornia. :evil:
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

My1877 is in final assembly it’s been done in mid grade English Walnut and AA finish I will be picking this one up myself. I am only 250 miles from Big Timber all interstate if I choose I-can pick the best day weather wise between now and then . Not sure about taking it out on public land in February but I will have what I need with me should the opportunity presents it’s self.
Wyo

Post by Wyo »

Randy Bohannon wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:02 pm My1877 is in final assembly it’s been done in mid grade English Walnut and AA finish I will be picking this one up myself. I am only 250 miles from Big Timber all interstate if I choose I-can pick the best day weather wise between now and then . Not sure about taking it out on public land in February but I will have what I need with me should the opportunity presents it’s self.
I drove up from Sheridan, WY a couple of weeks ago and picked one up, then did a short tour. Last time I was there was in the late ‘80’s. It sure has changed from then. Didn’t het out to shoot it that day but I made it out to the local range a couple days later. I was not disappointed!
RudyN

Post by RudyN »

I spoke with Shiloh yesterday and the indicated mine should be done in about two months. I hope that is right.
RudyN

Post by RudyN »

Whee! I received the phone call from Shiloh yesterday and my Sharps is done and ready to ship. I gave them my cc information and it should be here early next week. I then have to go to my FFL and fill out the paperwork then wait 10 days to bring it home as I live in Kalifroniastan. :oops: :(
Woody

Post by Woody »

Congrats,

Pics please. We are all waiting.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
ole pizen slinger

Post by ole pizen slinger »

For all you guys "crying" about your wait time, I waited 7 years for my first Shiloh!
OPS
Barry C Jolly

"I envy no man that knows more than myself and pity them that know less:" Sir T. Brown

"Everyone must sacrifice at the altar of stupidity from time to time" A. Einstein
RudyN

Post by RudyN »

Woody wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:55 am Congrats,

Pics please. We are all waiting.

Woody
Shall do. :mrgreen:
bohemianway

Post by bohemianway »

I am still waiting since 1994 for which I still have the catalog and order form. Am I bad, it took till 2021 for me to actually place an order. Now I have three on order and "Still waiting".

Charles
RudyN

Post by RudyN »

I finally did the paperwork at my local FFL and I get to pick it up on March 6th. It will be 4 days shy of two years since I ordered it (March 10, 2021). I also bought some 45/70 ammo from the gun store and ordered two boxes from Buffalo Bore ammunition. The 45/70 will be a bit expensive to shot. :wink:
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Ordered mine February 2021. Nothing. Lol