2024 NRA BPCR Silhouette Nationals

A place to post an announcement - new changes to rules, Range progress and updates etc.. Please do not Post any shooting/matches and dates here!
John Bly

2024 NRA BPCR Silhouette Nationals

Post by John Bly »

Talk has been of having the Nationals in Raton one year and in Friendship one year. This year the match is in Friendship and we are expecting a record turnout for Friendship. I would encourage those in charge to start making arrangements for next year in Raton. I'm fairly sure the 22 BPCR folks have dates in mind for their Nationals next year. They also schedule a long range match near the same time. Last year the NRA Nat'ls was shortly after the afore mentioned matches and attendance was way off due to folks not being able the attend both. Now I would like to shoot the 22 Nat's and a big bore Nat'ls at the same time. Glenn and I are due for a trip west. We've been there in 2014, 16 and 18 and we would like to make the trip in 2024. We can't come twice in one year and we won't travel over 4000 miles to shoot with 25 people. The NRA won't have a National match for 25 people. If there is ever to be a National BPCR match again in Raton it must be worked out with the 22 BPCR match. The time to get started on planning this is now. Some want to blame it on the NRA but they are only half of the issue. Let's avoid a fiasco like last year and get it worked out.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
jackrabbit

Re: 2024 NRA BPCR Silhouette Nationals

Post by jackrabbit »

There is a National Match in Raton this year, just like there was last year and the year before. Just because the corrupt, unorganized, deceitful organization known as the NRA is not involved does not mean it is not a national match. People had the opportunity to choose last year which match they wanted to attend and I think the winner was pretty obvious.

There is no reason to blame anyone except the NRA. They are 100% of the problem. Anyone that has attempted to work with them knows that. The reason the match is successful in Friendship is because the NRA is letting the NMLRA run it and is having little involvement. For you to get on here and try to blame us for not "working it out" just shows how little you know about what has gone on. The NRA could not keep their word or do anything honorable if their life depended on it. The drain is circling, it is just a matter of time before it goes completely down the sewer. In no way will I help keep it afloat.
Cody Smith
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Hopefully, the 22BPCRA and NRA folks will "kiss and make up" for the good of the sport. As with all our national matches, we need them to be as good as they can be with the largest number of competitors possible. Having the two nationals together at Raton as was done in the past can only be good for everyone.
Glenn
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Ahh, how soon we forget.
Perhaps rereading issue 88 Black Powder Cartridge News will help refresh some memories about some of what went on with the NRA.
It is one thing to forgive a rapist after they have raped you, it is quite another to invite them to rape you again, for then you get what you asked for.
No thanks, once bitten twice shied.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
VectorMan

Post by VectorMan »

E5687CE7-3D00-4089-B345-C9CCAD5CC5F6.jpeg

Dug it out and re-read it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Assuming you read pages 2, 3 & 4 ?

I missed one point before I submitted the editorial.

That being on page 4 last of second paragraph should read,

"discovered that they did 'not' know about the plans to move the matches from Raton to Camp Perry."

Dealing with Competitions Division brings the word duplicitous to mind and in retrospect that is too nice a word for their conduct and I see no reason to believe that they have lost those stripes.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

As the title of this thread states, this is about BPCR, not BPTR. While there are plenty of complaints about both, think the BPTR end of this has been "put to bed". Hopefully, the BPCR end is not over and a successful 2024 NRA BPCR national match can be held in Raton in conjunction with the 22BPCR nationals.
Glenn
jackrabbit

Post by jackrabbit »

Perhaps your demands would be better directed at the 22 BPCRA Board of Directors. They are the ones that would make it happen or not. The NRA has burnt a lot of bridges.

Just to be clear, I absolutely do not agree with your sentiment. The sooner the NRA drops BPCR, the sooner a better organization will start running it. It also seems rather arrogant for you to get on here and demand a bunch of volunteers get with the program so you can have a match to go to.....
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

John & Glenn,

I have really enjoyed shooting with both of you over the years, and look forward to seeing you at the SE Regionals!

I'm headed to Raton this summer. The 22 BPCRA puts on an incredible 3 day .22 match! And then backs it up with a fine 2 day BPCR match. I think that's better for shooters than a "catch as catch can" .22 match that I understand will take place at Friendship this year, and I made my decision on that basis. Many shooters enjoy the .22 matches as much or more than the BPCR matches.

With the recent unpredictability of the NRA with respect to BPCR National Championships (both dates and locations), I wouldn't hold my breath that NRA would even be willing to work with another organization to combine .22 and BPCR matches, and many of the shooters see little value of a 4 day match because some of us don't shoot both open and scope classes. If NRA wants a cost-effective match format, they might need to consider running a 2 day match with an open format or awards for both classes.

Clarence
krgriggs

Post by krgriggs »

At friendship nationals last year there were around 70 scope shooters and 50 iron sight shooters on separate matches. If you shoot both matches shooting two guns at around 150 rounds a day would be tough, what is everyone’s opinion on this?
krgriggs

Post by krgriggs »

Which would you want two day with scope and irons combined or a 4 day with two days scope and another match with two days of iron sights shooters
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

At 77 yrs old next summer I'm not up for an iron man competition. I shot both at Friendship but it was a 4 day match with a day off between the matches. I did not do well in irons but I'm having cataract surgery soon and I hope to be able to shoot irons again. Two days of each would be a better match. I don't have much hope for it to really happen at Raton but if it does I'll do my best to make it.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
RB1Shooter

Post by RB1Shooter »

Personally, I prefer 2 days scope and 2 days iron. If I have to drive any distance greater than a couple hours, I want it to be worth my while. 4 days, 2 iron & 2 scope works well for me and I know many others who feel the same.

I have shot the 2 day match in Raton a few times. It was fun however, combining scores for iron & scope for me, does not define a championship; same game, two different shooting disciplines. It's simply a fun, 2 day match with nice prizes and bragging rights for some.

I believe the 4 day format where you are required to shoot both iron & scope, clearly defines a true champion. After all, a true champion should be competent shooting both.

Just my personal feelings.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Also agree with the 2-days of scope, day off, and 2-days of irons.
So far, cricketts from the NRA on the 2024 BPCR Nationals.
Glenn
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Looks like the 2024 BPCR Nats will take place in Raton.
viewtopic.php?p=344609#p344609
Glenn