African PH suggestions??????

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

'74

African PH suggestions??????

Post by '74 »

Just got the green light from the Supreme Leader for an African plains game hunt. I'm currently shopping for a good outfitter. I'm guessing that South Africa is probably the best choice for my first African experience. Gonna use my Shiloh #3 in 50-90. Anybody have any suggestions for a good outfitter over there???

thx

Gary
cjensen

Post by cjensen »

Have you contacted "flatwater" on this site.
Brent

Post by Brent »

I just responded to your post in the shooter-to-shooter section...
Brent
Just straddling the hard line between "the arrogance of dogmatism and the despair of skepticism"
Oregon Bill

Post by Oregon Bill »

Hey '74: I'm going to north-central Namibia in May for kudu, gemsbok and warthog. PH is Johann Veldsmann of Shona Adventures. This will be my first visit to Africa. I'm booking with Ann Horsman of Aspen Hill Adventures.
http://www.shona-adventures.com/
Jerry E. Jurena

Post by Jerry E. Jurena »

I have hunted with Simon Rood a couple of times. He does not do the
package hunts, he puts together what you want to do. You will be the only party in camp. My wife and I had two great hunts wtih them. Simon and his wife do a great job. They are in north central South Africa. The last time I hunted with him I did a black powder hunt. It was fantatic I am in the top ten for common water buck. Next time it will be with a Shiloh.

Nkwe Hunting Adv. [nkwe@mweb.co.za]
flatwater

Africa Hunt

Post by flatwater »

'74
I wish you the best with Africa. I think you are making the right choice in going as soon as possible. It will not last forever, at least not as it is now. The competition for American Hunters is quite keen, and you should be able to get a good deal.

My recommendation: decide what animals you'd like best, and go to the place where such animals are free-ranging. Most (but not all) South African (RSA) hunts are in high fenced areas. I have absolutely no objection to this, but know what your situation will be before you get there.

Good luck with the J'BRG airport, and good shooting......Flatwater Bill
Good Shooting
NRA Life Member
NRA Endowment
VFW, DAV Life