A thanksgiving I won't forget

Share your tales (tall or otherwise) of hunting adventures.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

krems

Post by krems »

Jerry,
Once in a lifetime tag, 6x6 mule deer buck w/ a 27-30" spread, BPCR shot well w/in range and you passed. You have nerves of steel....I'm not sure I could have passed the shot up. I guess a guy would have to be there to understand.

Congradulations on making the shot on the Mule deer you mentioned in another post. Looks like it worked out just fine!

Krems
jerryl

Post by jerryl »

I have been lucky enough to have grown up in montana and have been hunting since I was 12. I have had the good fortune to be able to shoot a few big bucks to put on the wall. I usually just shoot an elk during general season and call it good but wanted to hunt with the 45-70 and was luck enough to get two draw tags. There was a certain satisfaction to shooting with open sights and bullets that I reloaded and a nostalga with the black powder. Next will be with bullets that I cast.
Next year is Idaho general season and montana draw hunts!! Hopefully I will be able to get RDNCK up here next year
rdnck

I'm trying

Post by rdnck »

jerryl--You can bet I'll be trying to get a tag so we can take a crack at them. An elk is something I have always wanted, but so far no cigar. I have spent my money and made the trips, and have seen some wonderful scenery. The one scene I haven't seen is a legal elk on top of my front sight. I've had cows when I had a bull tag, and bulls when I had a cow tag. Maybe 2007 will be different. Shoot straight, rdnck.
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT