Quigley Cartridge Belt

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Buckskin Bruce

Quigley Cartridge Belt

Post by Buckskin Bruce »

I am looking for a copy of the Quigley cartridge belt from the movie. I have one from Texas Jacks. I saw one from a website ronsrigs.homestead.com, but that site is disabled. Is there anyone who can help. Thanks Buckskin Bruce
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

I believe that S. DOLEGA & CO in Laramie Wyo. makes them he also goes by Wolfears trading . the address is 702 s. pine and the phone is (307) 745 7135 hope this helps.
I will also tell you from experiance that the canvas prarie belt is a lot more comfortable to wear for all day and you can leave the rounds in the prarie belt you have to take brass out of leather or it gets the green vertegris on it ......Dean
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Whoa!!, Shiloh has the very cartridge belt that you are looking for :!: :D I know because I stopped at Big Timber on my way back to my Buffalo hunt in Oct and bought one for myself. I used it on the hunt and it worked great. Hang on a second while I go get mine. --------------OK, it holds 26 cartridges and will work for .45-70 tp .45-140 :!: It has a very nice buckle and is made of high quality leather. It looks just like the Quigley model, and sure worked great on my hunt. Hope this helps, Randy :lol:
Randy Ruwe
Nick B

Post by Nick B »

[quote="Omaha Poke"]Whoa!!, Shiloh has the very cartridge belt that you are looking for :!: :D I know because I stopped at Big Timber on my way back to my Buffalo hunt in Oct and bought one for myself. I used it on the hunt and it worked great. Hang on a second while I go get mine. --------------OK, it holds 26 cartridges and will work for .45-70 tp .45-140 :!: It has a very nice buckle and is made of high quality leather. It looks just like the Quigley model, and sure worked great on my hunt. Hope this helps, Randy :lol:[/quote]

I must of got cheated ! I bought that very same belt when I was visiting Shiloh and mine only holds 19 ! Nick
Dan

Post by Dan »

It is my understanding that J.J. Croft of Croft Saddle in Deadwood S.D. made the original belt. [url]http://www.croftsaddlery.com/[/url]

You'd have to fire him an email or give him a call to find out.
Dean Jasper

Post by Dean Jasper »

El paso Saddlery also makes some nice products in custom leather or the web style prarie belts. www.epsaddlery.com Dean
BIG50

Post by BIG50 »

Mine holds 19 also from Shiloh. However it is for the 50-90 and not the 45's. Makes since. Nick is yours for a .50???

BIG50
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

The one i bought this past spring has 3 loops on either side of the buckle, then some latigo braid, then a row of 19 loops across the back. It is plenty wide enough to hold even .45-120 if needed. Randy
Randy Ruwe
Dan

Post by Dan »

Another excellent source is Old West Reproductions which is owned and operated by Rick Bachman. Rick is featured on the front cover of the current issue of Black Powder Cartigdge News Issue #44 and he was instrumental in providing photos and technical assistance in the publication of an excellent book called "Packing Iron" by Richard Rattenbury.

Rick produces absolutely stunning work that is authentically reproduced from actual 1850's to 1900's leather belts and holsters. He has perhaps one of the largest collections of authentic old west leather including the manufacturer's catologues. He will invest the time on the telephone to assist you in getting exactly what you want. He is a great guy and a master leather craftsperson. He makes them one at a time!

http://www.oldwestreproductions.com/index.html
Nick B

Post by Nick B »

[quote="BIG50"]Mine holds 19 also from Shiloh. However it is for the 50-90 and not the 45's. Makes since. Nick is yours for a .50???

Nope, .45 cal. Made by Broadus Boot & Tack, Broadus, Mt.
Maybe you're suppose to carry round # 20 in the chamber ! :wink: