Dallas Safari Show

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Texas Shooter

Dallas Safari Show

Post by Texas Shooter »

To All:

I just got back from the Safari Show in Dallas. $10 to get in. Got to meet Lucinda and Suzi Bradley (Shiloh's Engraver). Very nice and helpful folks.

I felt like a kid in a Godiva Chocolate store. The display is great. If you have a chance to get out there, see them, and the guns they brought. It's definitely worth your time.

Ty
Texas Shooter

Tejas Raz- Enjoyed meeting you and Fred. I went back by the booth and I guess you'all had left. Tejas, sometime in the spring I'd like to meet with you and do some shooting. When the Sharps comes in, we can take it for a "Test Shot". :-)

Hartford, 45-70, 30 inch heavy, nice wood pewter tip etc. :-) :-) :-)
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Crazy Horse

Post by Crazy Horse »

I had planned on going but did not get too. My buddy backed out and I did not want to drive 4 hours one way by myself. I did do some sharps shooting today so it was a good day.
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Crazy Horse:

At least you got some shooting in, it was a pretty day. Next year try to get your buddy to go, I bet you would enjoy it.

Take care,

Ty
Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Tejas Raz

Post by Tejas Raz »

Ty, was I right or what? There is nothing like seeing and handling them in person. Photographs just can't compare. I'm leaning now towards the #1 Sporter, 30" heavy in .45-90. Might go buy a nice hunk of fiddleback Maple for the wood. Got to do a little research on how Maple stacks up strengthwise in a heavier recoiling rifle compared to the Walnut, but I really like the look of Maple... there's my Flinter background coming forward. Thinking hard about getting my place in line now!

Sure was nice talking with you and Fred Knorr and the super friendly Lucinda and Susan. They were especially helpfull with our questions.

[quote]Hartford, 45-70, 30 inch heavy, nice wood pewter tip etc.[/quote]

Ha! You was worse than a kid in a candy store! Presentation wood, custom engraving pattern, French Gray finish, what else there buddy? That was just the things I overheard you guys talking about. Come on spill the goods and fill in the details. Inquiring minds want to know!

One last totally unrelated bit...
Shhh, I'm hunting Wabbits. Actually Rats. Got a pile of timbers and slats from the fence I just tore down and replaced in the back yard. Seems the little Vermin have made themselves a condo in the pile. Dirty Rats! Well, two shots, two rats. S&W Model 41 target pistol with Aguilla Colibri squib loads. About as loud as a pellet rifle and right on with the sights. Kool!
Scott Rasmussen
aka: Tejas Raz - Semper Fi!
http://community.webshots.com/user/tejas_raz
.45-70 Gov't, .40-60 Maynard & Patched Round Ball
NRA Life
geronimo.tn

Post by geronimo.tn »

Tejas
You can pay the option for 'hand select' and specify 'fiddleback walnut'
http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976359911.htm
see example at site above
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Tejas:

Yes, a kid in a candy store. That's me! The fiddleback Maple sounds like it would be pretty and unusual. Get your place in line so you can really start to make it a reality.

For Inquiring minds,

Hartford, 30 inch, Heavy Octagon, pewter tip, presentation wood, Rifle Butt plate, French Finish, Engraving pattern #1 and #2 combination w/ the eagle on the hammer. Polished barrel, fired screws, Traditional checkering, bedded barrel. semi-buckhorn sight, Ron Heilman hooded front - MVA Buffalo rear sight, magnum eyecup. I think this is most of it.

It's hard to say, "No", when surrounded by such beautiful rifles.

Tejas as soon as you can, "Take the plunge". Honest, I haven't been as excited for something since I was a kid waiting for Christmas.

Tell your wife that you could take care of your rat problem much easier with a Shiloh 45-90. :-)

Tell her, "It's for the Children". ;-)

Ty O'Neal
Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Tejas Raz

Post by Tejas Raz »

[quote="Texas Shooter"]Tejas:
Tell her, "It's for the Children". ;-)

Ty O'Neal
Texas Shooter[/quote]
The way she was talking this afternoon, that would work for sure! LOL!
Scott Rasmussen
NRA Life
LIMPINGJ

Post by LIMPINGJ »

Always interesting seeing the latest achievments in saline and silicon sculptures on display in Dallas. But a Shiloh was what I came over to order. Ended up ordering a Saddle Rifle with all the works. Now the waiting starts.
Jim
Manny Clothakis

Fidddleback

Post by Manny Clothakis »

Geronimo.tn, I recently bought a #1 Sporter that you supplied a link to above. His name is Ben Amonette, good guy to deal with and the gun he sent me was perfect in everyway, give him a call he has these Shilohs on hand and will ship asap. regards, Manny
geronimo.tn

Post by geronimo.tn »

Manny
glad that worked out for you. I'd seen his Shiloh's listed on Gun's and thought they looked good. I ordered a Saddle rifle last month. Ben had a #3 that I really like but I custom ordered to get a longer length of pull.
Congratulations and enjoy.
Jerome
Texas Shooter

Post by Texas Shooter »

Tejas:

How did your Wabbit hunting come out?

Texas Shooter
"Aim Small, Miss Small!"
Tejas Raz

Post by Tejas Raz »

Got 2. Little vermin went to ground now it seems. Must be vewy, vewy patient!
Scott Rasmussen
NRA Life
Lucinda

Post by Lucinda »

Good Morning to you all!
I finally made it home Wednesday afternoon! Enjoyed meeting you all at the booth and placing a face with the user name. I hope that you guys that got together at the show, form a great relationship and that we will be seeing you out on the silhouette range. See you next year in Dallas!

Lucinda