Hello!

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

HighWall

Hello!

Post by HighWall »

Hi All,
I hope you don't mind a C.Sharps owner hanging around here. If not, I'd like to tag along and maybe ask a question every now and again!

HighWall 8)
"Always swim upstream from the herd"
TYRVR

C.Sharps owners:

Post by TYRVR »

We like everybody but Lutherans and Mexicans......or is it Lithuanians and Methodists? I can never remember, anyhow, as long as you learn the secret handshake send Miss Lucinda a birthday card......you can stay.

Ol'Tye, ( the only Lithuanian/Mexican/Lutheran/Methodist/C.Sharps owner in Fentress County!)
Member #3, of the "Brought Enough Gun Club"
Outrider

Post by Outrider »

Highwall
Welcome. You know I tried to be a seed analyist once but those darn little guys kept falling into the cracks in the couch. Seriously, you have come to a great place to get your questions answered. This site has saved me a lot of time and money. :wink:
Remember....We get the government that we deserve.
HighWall

Post by HighWall »

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

Last year I bought one of the new Lee .459 3R 500g. bullet moulds and played around with it a little. My rifle still has the original blade front and semi-buckhorn rear sights and I was able to shoot some 2.0"x2.5" groups at 100 yds. I have new sights on order from MVA and I plan to work with this bullet more this year.

Have any of you used this bullet? If so, how has it performed for you? I'll probably wind up with a Postell or Jones anyhow.

Also, I ordered the following MVA sights- #130 rear and #111 front with card "A" inserts. I also added the Hadley Std. Eyedisc. I'm hoping to shoot to maybe 500 yds. Will the #130 have enough elevation?

Have any of you incurred problems when installing your tang sights? I ordered the appropriate base for my rifle.

Thanks,
Highwall 8)
"Always swim upstream from the herd"
Omak Cowboy

hiwal

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Hiwal, I donno about swimming upstream from the herd but I can tell it[s good idea to drink upstream from 'em.

Oh, heard that Lutherans are really Minnoites who drive! Thought it funny as my ma made me go to Lutheran church!
Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.