38-50 Hepburn per Dan T

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Re: 38-50 Hepburn per Dan T

Post by Woody »

The Gnat Mauler name was coined by Dan T. and Dr. Lay. I was designed the Gnat Mauler logo and sent an ammo line box out to Dan. I also made up one for Charles Outler's grandson Brandon. I don't remember any others. Hear is the logo. I had the local trophy shot lazer one on a piece of scrap to as a proof of concept. I still have it as a memento.
Gnat mauler resized.JPG
Woody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
ian45662

Re: 38-50 Hepburn per Dan T

Post by ian45662 »

Shot my 38 for the last match of the season. I used it for every single silhoette match of the season and I can now say that I have never rang a ram with it. My last shoot didn’t go as I had hoped only hitting 1 chicken each day. We had some pretty good winds Saturday and off the sticks it kept up with the big bores. Sunday was just a weird day for me shooting wise. I just wasn’t shooting very well and made a few silly mistakes….. Such is life though. After shooting it for an entire season I don’t think I am giving up anything by going to this 38. It did take me while to get the load down and I am still going to tinker with the load this off season but it’s pretty damn close. I may even try a 1.5” money bullet just to see what happens…… Maybe.