Thanks y’all

Discussions of powders, bullets and loading information.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

opencountry

Thanks y’all

Post by opencountry »

I just want to give an honest thanks to the many shooters here on this forum that have freely volunteered their knowledge and experience over the years that has helped me through many obstacles I’ve encountered learning to get my Shilohs to shooting better than I had imagined. You all have shared so many good things. I also want to thank the Shiloh Company owners, etc., for this open forum. I’d have never come to this level of shooting if it hadn’t of been for all of you! The Shiloh Sharps Manufacturing Company really makes wonderful firearms. Their owners and staff are extremely friendly, and warm-hearted individuals with a vision not only for a business that gives them a good living, but for our own personal happiness in life. I wish I could say it better, but I know you understand what I’m trying hard to express. They have built a community, a family. And, because they’ve done this, they’ve not only added years to our lives, but they’ve added happiness to our lives as well.
I’ve benefited greatly from the many pointers others have freely shared with me here on this forum.
Here’s one eye-opener that revolutionized my knowledge on bp cartridge reloading - just moving the paper-patch up over the ogive totally eliminated leading of my bore. Since I learned this I’ve shot hundreds of rounds through by bore, and have found not one speck of lead! Now, that’s something…
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beware of the man that owns one rifle.
opencountry

Re: Thanks y’all

Post by opencountry »

One last photo of my results on paper at 200 yards recently…
Winds weren’t too bad, but it changed direction alot, even stopped at times, making me learn more in changing wind speeds and mirage. It’s been up over 100 degrees here for the last month or more.
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Well said :!:
I too feel as you do, about the knowledge shared in this forum :wink:
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
opencountry

Post by opencountry »

Yes, endless knowledge. Yesterday, before writing this, I cleaned/tested my bore to see if I could find any hint of leading from shooting at least five hundred or more pp bullets after I had previously removed all lead I hammered a Dewey cleaning rod with VERY tight-fitting wetted (turpentine) patches through the bore. There wasn’t even a hint of leading. I forget now who shared this on the forum with me, but he said to run the paper patch up above the olive junction a bit until you find the spot that stops the leading. Well, I found it. I’m not very good at figuring some things out by myself, so this was great advice!
Robert
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

You said it pretty well Robert. The Shiloh Sharps company is pretty special.

Chris.