Ron Heilman tang sights

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Badfoot

Ron Heilman tang sights

Post by Badfoot »

I cannot find a website for Ron Heilmans sights. Can anyone help me with an email for him or a website or phone number? I just got a model 1 with his sights mounted and need to learn a little about them.
Ron
Badfoot

Post by Badfoot »

Oops, I meant a model 3!
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

He doesn't have a web site. His phone # is 253-840-2623. He has an email address also but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Sure someone else will jump in here with it in short order.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
Badfoot

Post by Badfoot »

Thanks, Buckeyeshooter. I'll call him monday.
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

B.J. Spalding
"I came I saw and I forgot why I am here."
SHILOH#1
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

BADFOOT,
You can contact Ron at r.a.heilman@worldnet.att.net
His sights are marked in a vernier scale with each mark equal to 1/10000 of an inch. If you go to www.riflesmith.com/faq.html
there is a brief explanation of how to read a vernier scale. If you decide to replace the sight with another brand,( which I think would be a mistake) please contact me. his long range and midrange both sell for $225, and if you have more than 10 min windage each side, add $75.00.
His front sight with the spirit level and "trigger Dr" modification ( a slot over the level to allow more light) goes for $110.

Trigger Dr
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

Badfoot,

I just put a Ron Heilman mid-range soule sight on my Browning 1885 rifle. It is a premium quality sight by any standards. It certainly does everything I need a sight to do, and the price was certainly right; $260 delivered to my front door.

The quality is superb, and the addition of it on my Browning 1885 was a significant improvement in shooting precision at least for me. I could own another one in a heartbeat.

Regards
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

I also use Ron's sights, front and back, They are superb for the money. I am very well pleased with mine. I have shot my 45-70 to 850 yards with the standard long range and had lots of elevation left.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter