Hodgdon has sold Goex

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Dutch44

Re: Hodgdon has sold Goex

Post by Dutch44 »

Don't be amazed. My friend owned a screw machine shop that made all kinds of projectiles for the U.S Govt. including .223 to 40mm, His last bid for the .223 projectiles was underbid by China who was awarded the contract. We are talking something like 3 cents each and the China bid was maybe .0299. Hope the rounds were concentric. That's our Govt. at work.
semtav

Post by semtav »

How long ago was that ? Some laws have changed. Equipment that the FAA participates in has to be American made. John Deere was the only one that qualified when we got our front end loader about 10 yrs ago.
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

I’m an engineer for a military subcontractor, we make interconnect systems for flight hardware. Every part has to come from an approved vendor. An American approved vendor. Thinking our military anything comes from a non alley is B.S. it’s next to impossible to get even simple components from Canada or Mexico I.e. thread locker or zip ties etc. our security is all American…
Tom Klinger
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

Yeah I kinda figured....we are not buying ammo from the chi-coms. And if somebody's company bought a bunch of 556 projectiles from the chinks they are most likely guilty of fraud in one flavor or another.
Tomklinger

Post by Tomklinger »

They would never make it through qual. Everything, every piece part has to have full qualification and traceability to origin.
TomKlinger
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Just ask a fellow shooter who is a design/development engineer at one of the army's big arsenals. He tells me he would be "extremely surprised" to learn that any part of our munitions comes from foreign sources, especially China. Even the cannon in the M1 tank is made here under license from the German company who developed it. The military is serious about the supply-chain verification. Another engineer I know spent 18 months in the 'big house' for substituting non-traceable materials on a federal contract his shop had. Saved him $10,000 in materials for the loss of his company and freedom. Total dumb-ass.
Glenn
Chief Beck

Post by Chief Beck »

Chief Beck wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:18 amChina.
All,

My response was meant to be "tongue and cheek". However though, it seems everything we get comes from China including the things that we don't want. The Bidens & McConnell's are heavily invested in China's economy but that is straying from the topic.
The last I heard, years ago - Iraq/Afghanistan, it was our own big ammo houses such as Winchester & Federal that were contracted to supply our military's ammo.

Dennis
"40 knots, no smoke"

"By God Woodrow; it’s been quite a party ain’t it?”
JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Post by JonnyV »

I agree with that...its very hard to buy anything not made in china anymore...and it's not just biden/mcconnel...its all of them for the last 40 years. Every single one of them in the White House and congress and the senate too. They sell out the nation by off-shoring all the manufacuring they possibly can and then by running the debt through the roof. Every POTUS doubles up the debt of the last POTUS...sorry for the rant LOL...
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I had lunch today with a Master Distributor of Goex. He spoke with Goex yesterday and they confirmed that they had been sold but did not disclose the new owners. He was told that they had been in contact with former employees and that they expected to start production sometime in April. This is good news for all black powder shooters. If I find out anything else I'll report it.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Hope the keep the Olde Eynsford recipe
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

New owners are Estes Rocketry which is located near Canon City, CO. They make toy (model) rockets. Should be interesting. Wish them all the luck in the world.
Glenn
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

INteresting analogy:
Rumor has it that a paint ball outfit had bought out Ernie Stallman/Badger Barrels.
beltfed/arnie