“The Quigley” Question

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

JonnyV
Location: Living in a van down by the river eatin’ Govt cheese

Re: “The Quigley” Question

Post by JonnyV »

I’ve been to one Quigley…only one. My advise is to double or triple up on whatever supplies you think you’ll need…especially AMMO!!!

I took 500 rounds last year and I found myself rationing by the time match day rolled around.

You can do without food….you cannot do without ammo.
bobw

Post by bobw »

No problems with food or water but one of the Q rules is also no alcohol....bobw
bobw
bobw

Post by bobw »

No problems with food or water but one of the Q rules is also no alcohol....bobw
bobw
J.B.

Post by J.B. »

" Be safe and have fun" I believe are the two golden rules. If you are safe.. its near on impossible not to have fun. Zack it may be a good thing that Aviator again mixes with us 'the great unwashed' from time to time, lest you corrupt him beyond salvation. :wink: I always feel the Q and indeed the Big Hill events are as much a chance to revisit with 'family' as much as enjoy a great shoot. Been too long since I've caught up with 'family' ...so I'm looking forward to the opportunity again. I'll be laying in slightly less than Kurts 2000 rounds though.. I'll be more in the 300-350 zone. Though in honesty ..I have stolen Kurts ammo before :shock: Shoots darn well too dont you know :P ...Now that I've been drenched , bar coded, ear tagged.. just need the 'marking' and I should be right to fly :roll:
rgds.. J.B.
"an experimental weapon..with experimental ammunition ? ...Lets experiment "
Castaway

Post by Castaway »

Is there cell service?
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

Castaway wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:09 am Is there cell service?
Yes. Huge cell tower right next to the range.
hipshot1

Post by hipshot1 »

The towers next to the range a not cell towers.
A man must standup before you can see how long of a shadow he will cast
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Take plenty of ammunition if you intend to go shoot on the line everyday for fun.
As has been mentioned multiple times take a cart to carry your gear, take comfortable chair to sit in and your own water/drinking source for while your sitting for the 2 + hours between your turn on the line during the match. There are various vendors of drinks and snacks, the main food source at the center of the line always serves good stuff , and the money you spend there goes to a good cause.
There will be a number of various traders and peddlers of useful items, so a good stash of spending money, along with a goodly amount of pocket cash for the funnel cakes, shaved ice etc..
Take clothing to be prepared for anything from 110 degrees and sunny to mid 40's and moisture.
Yes there is cell service.
The Quigley is sort of the Sturgis of BPCR and is something that should be attended at least once, and then you can decide if you want to become part of the cult or not.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Don McDowell wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:16 am Take plenty of ammunition if you intend to go shoot on the line everyday for fun.
As has been mentioned multiple times take a cart to carry your gear, take comfortable chair to sit in and your own water/drinking source for while your sitting for the 2 + hours between your turn on the line during the match. There are various vendors of drinks and snacks, the main food source at the center of the line always serves good stuff , and the money you spend there goes to a good cause.
There will be a number of various traders and peddlers of useful items, so a good stash of spending money, along with a goodly amount of pocket cash for the funnel cakes, shaved ice etc..
Take clothing to be prepared for anything from 110 degrees and sunny to mid 40's and moisture.
Yes there is cell service.
The Quigley is sort of the Sturgis of BPCR and is something that should be attended at least once, and then you can decide if you want to become part of the cult or not.
Very well said and 110% 'rite' :wink:
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

We’ll it sure looks like a cell tower and I had four bars. Maybe it’s really a spy tower out there by the russians. ??
hipshot1

Post by hipshot1 »

they are microwave towers, they have been there way before we ever had cell phones.
A man must standup before you can see how long of a shadow he will cast
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Been going for 20 years or so. It's the only shoot I go to. Nothing beats Christmas in June! Where else can you camp free, shoot as much as you want for a week, see many old friends?? Turn the cell phone off..... :lol: :lol:
semtav

Post by semtav »

JonnyV wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:55 pm We’ll it sure looks like a cell tower and I had four bars. Maybe it’s really a spy tower out there by the russians. ??
Who's your carrier. Hearing rumors AT&T put a receiver on one of the towers up there.unvrified at present.
JonnyV

Post by JonnyV »

semtav wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:42 am
JonnyV wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:55 pm We’ll it sure looks like a cell tower and I had four bars. Maybe it’s really a spy tower out there by the russians. ??
Who's your carrier. Hearing rumors AT&T put a receiver on one of the towers up there.unvrified at present.
AT&T

I'm pretty stoked for this years Q. Put a lot of effort into it, getting switched over from smokeless, new rifle, load development, practice (especially off-hand) and the whole bit. Did my last bit of range practice this morning off-hand on a 12" circle at 200 yards. Now it's all about the packing and getting ready.
powderburner

Post by powderburner »

JohnnyV
Did you practice in a 30 mph wind or real thick dust. Or both ??
Dean Becker
only one gun and they are 74 s
3rd asst. flunky,high desert chapter F.E.S.
MYWEIGH scale merchant
reclining member of O-G-A-N-T