Update on NRA situation

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

desert deuce

Update on NRA situation

Post by desert deuce »

Worthy of our time to read and consider. We all know something is amiss at the NRA and have known it for a long time.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/judge ... the-fight/
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
SSShooter

Re: Update on NRA situation

Post by SSShooter »

I wish Judge Journey the best of luck. Cleaning out and cleaning up the NRA will be a big job. Regaining our trust might be the biggest hurdle.
Glenn
ScrapMetal

Post by ScrapMetal »

I feel that there need to be changes at the NRA, what exactly they are, I'm not completely sure. That being said I have an inherent distrust of some of these so-called "reformers" as well. It just seems a little self-serving to me or maybe it's that I don't trust lawyers and judges are ex-lawyers.

Overall what I believe needs to have is to have more transparency on the operations of the NRA as well as a better defined "mission".

But what do I know?

FWIW

-Ron
Ray Newman

Post by Ray Newman »

ScrapMetal: BINGO!
Grand PooBah
WA ST F. E. S.

In real life may you be the bad ass that you claim to be on social media....
bobw

Post by bobw »

Wayne Lapierre and his cronies need to go and bylaws change so it never happens again.
bobw
RK

Post by RK »

Replace Judge Journey with joe biden and it would sound more believable. I would love to have a NRA that was run by reputable people that were dedicated to serve the membership. I would also would have loved the have great leadership at my place of employment for the 39 years I worked there. My wife would have loved to have great leadership at the poorly run hospital where she worked as a RN. And mostly I would love to have honest leadership in our congress. Fact is we live in the real world, where that seldom happens on its own. Seems like crooked people and politicians are as tenacious as a bloated tic. biden, pelosi, schumer, lapierre are just a few that come to mind. A staggering amount of damage has been done by the likes of these parasites. A very good campaign has been run to make the NRA lose membership and ultimately become ineffective and die. It is no secret that a very good campaign has been run against this great nation of ours. People of all ages are turning against our flag, our constitution, members of law enforcement, etc. Can the NRA be saved? How long would it take? Can it be replaced? There is no question the current administration is dead set on destroying the second amendment, as well as the rest of this nation, and reforming it into something unrecognizable. During this present time of distress, could a weakened NRA with less than desirable leadership be better than no NRA at all?
RK

Post by RK »

Replace Judge Journey with joe biden and it would sound more believable. I would love to have a NRA that was run by reputable people that were dedicated to serve the membership. I would also would have loved the have great leadership at my place of employment for the 39 years I worked there. My wife would have loved to have great leadership at the poorly run hospital where she worked as a RN. And mostly I would love to have honest leadership in our congress. Fact is we live in the real world, where that seldom happens on its own. Seems like crooked people and politicians are as tenacious as a bloated tic. biden, pelosi, schumer, lapierre are just a few that come to mind. A staggering amount of damage has been done by the likes of these parasites. A very good campaign has been run to make the NRA lose membership and ultimately become ineffective and die. It is no secret that a very good campaign has been run against this great nation of ours. People of all ages are turning against our flag, our constitution, members of law enforcement, etc. Can the NRA be saved? How long would it take? Can it be replaced? There is no question the current administration is dead set on destroying the second amendment, as well as the rest of this nation, and reforming it into something unrecognizable. During this present time of distress, could a weakened NRA with less than desirable leadership be better than no NRA at all?
1minute

Post by 1minute »

I found this quite interesting. Some NRA pay scales and expenditures.

[url]https://paddockpost.com/2022/01/21/exec ... -nra-2020/[/url]

I'm sure many came to the organization to do good, and they have done very well.
Last edited by 1minute on Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Minute