What It's All About

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

BuckeyeShooter

What It's All About

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

Got to do some shooting today. First time shooting my own cast bullets over a set of cross sticks I made myself yesterday. Very satisfying (after spending so much money buying stuff made by someone else) to send some rounds down range that are truelly mine. They shot darn good also. Was the first time off cross sticks also and was really impressed with how steady of a rest they are. The DGL lube from Shiloh worked great although hard to judge for sure because the humidity was really high here today.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
Rorey Sisson

Post by Rorey Sisson »

Sounds like you had a real hoot! Nothin' like it huh? :D
God bless America, and the folks in our military.
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

Yes it was and no there isn't. I hoped to convey a certain feeling of satisfaction that I felt about feeling like I accomplished a first in my BPCR adventure with my post but not sure if I conveyed what I was feeling about it or not.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Buckeye,
Welcome to the fold my friend! It is truely a life time experiance. Glad to see you are up and running.

If you need help you know where to holler!

Kenny Wasserburger
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Rick Crabtree

Post by Rick Crabtree »

I still remember the first BPCR round I touched off back in 1972. Haven't been able to get it out of my system since.
" I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

I'm up to about 300 rounds through the Hartford since I got it, but today was just one of those special days. Can't wait till the 45 2 7/8 LRE gets here. By then I should have a pretty good handle on this stuff. Who knows maybe I'll be ready to come to Lusk, Wy and not be too awfully embarrassed in May.
Kelley O.Roos

Post by Kelley O.Roos »

BuckeyeShooter,

No way Jose, one can never be embarrassed if he shoots and gives it his best. :)

Kelley O. 8)
Kelley O.Roos
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

Thanks Kelley, looking forward to meeting more of you guys. It will be worth a 2600 mile round trip to go to Kenny's shoot just to do that. Have already met Kenny, Kirk, and Lucinda and if they are representative of the type of people representing this sport than I'm looking forward to meeting some others.
Jerry Williams

Post by Jerry Williams »

Buckeye Shooter, Yep nothing like it. This stuff is the most fun you can have with your pants on! This is a good forum. Welcome to the nut house! :lol:
Everything I know about BPRC I have forgotten at least three times, Now I write it down. Have you seen my note book?