Alone here in New York and need BPCR help!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Gary

Alone here in New York and need BPCR help!

Post by Gary »

Are there any shooters here from the state of N.Y.? We are just getting into the black powder guns and it's really hard when there is no one to give you some hard earned advice. You can read all the books {and don't get me wrong they are really helpful} but there is nothing like hands on instruction. I'm up in the center of the state. Just at the foothill of the Adirondack Mountains. Thanks, Gary
MLV

Post by MLV »

Gary: They have NRA sanctioned BPCR Silhouette matches at Gansevoot, New York. The match director as listed in Shooting Sports USA is R. Donah, Route 50, Gansevoot, NY 12831 Phone is 518-584-8193 or 3930. I bet he can put you on some guys already very experienced.
Ted Kramer

Post by Ted Kramer »

Gary,
I believe there is a gun shop in Blue Mountain Lake from which you could get info on shooters in the area. One name comes to mind, Don Hamilton, who lives in Blue Mountain Lake, he's a friend of a good friend of mine and is reputed to be very sharp when it comes to BPCR's. Hope this helps.

Ted
Gary

MLV And Ted

Post by Gary »

MLV. Thanks I'm trying to get a phone call to him now. By the way. I just finised your new book and I wish I had read it before I bought my Rolling Block. I agree with you on the new ones from the custom shop. It's been back three times in one year. Gary

Ted. Thanks. I know just where that shop is. I've been there several times and never knew Don was a bpcr shooter. Thanks, Gary
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Gary, which rolling block did you buy that you are having trouble with? Also what kind of trouble are you having? Just curious because I have one of the Pedersoli John Bodine models that I have had for about 3 months now, and haven't had any problems with it, so far. Thanks for the information. Randy
Randy Ruwe
Gary

Remington Rolling Block

Post by Gary »

Randy. I have a 45/70 from Remington's Custom Shop in Illion N.Y. It's a beautiful looking gun but had a lot of trouble with the single set trigger. I finally sent it out to a gunsmith who works on triggers and the problem is solved. I just thought that Remington should have done more with the trigger. Gary
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Gary, thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. Randy
Randy Ruwe
Frank

Post by Frank »

To bad Remington does not make them like the originals. I have a originial #1 in 45/70 with a bull barrel and it shoots and works just great.

Frank Costa
SHILOH 74 #1 SPORTER
SHILOH 63 CARBINE
SHILOH 1
SHILOH SHARPS RIFLE CLUB
TRUE SPORTSMAN CLUB
NRA
SASS
Gary

Remington Trigger

Post by Gary »

Frank. Do you have a single set trigger? And how do you like it? My guns shoots real good and is made well I just wished I had bought a Shiloh. Gary
Frank

Post by Frank »

Gary,
My Remington is a single trigger. It has no set, just a nice smooth lite pull.
Frank Costa
SHILOH 74 #1 SPORTER
SHILOH 63 CARBINE
SHILOH 1
SHILOH SHARPS RIFLE CLUB
TRUE SPORTSMAN CLUB
NRA
SASS