Fellow Sharps-shooters

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Stronghorn

Fellow Sharps-shooters

Post by Stronghorn »

Just found the board, looking forward to the benefits. Bought my No.1 sporter back in the fall of 98. Was shooting at our annual western shoot, we were doing the 500yd. buffalo shoot at the time and the guy next to me had this beautiful No. 1 sporter (45/70, AA wood, 30" hvy. oct., pistol grip, shot. but, sets and a left hand cheek piece) but he was right handed, I shoot left handed. He told me his dad was thinking of 'shaving off' the cheek rest. I said, no he aint. I would buy it first. Long story short, I did. 1 month and 2 grand later it is mine. Maybe high at the time, but it was mine with no wait or paper work. Since then got to tour the Shiloh plant/store in the Big T and later sent it to Shiloh for a Pewter Tip.

This gun is beautiful and the cream of my collection. And what a shooter.
I must confess I use a duplex load mostly, 55gr. Goex Cart. over 5gr. Reloader 7. Lyman 535gr. Postell over .025 card wad compressed a 1/16".
Minute and a half angle at 200yrd. And I never have to use my blow tube!

The gun was in the original owners hands 4/94. Lost the use of his left hand and sold it to the fellow I bought it from. Now my serious shooting days are limited due to MS. But this will be one of the last rifles down the road. I can look at it on my den wall for many years after I stop shooting it. Which is not in the near future.

Looking forward to sharing stories and ideas. Later.
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Stronghorn,

Welcome to what I consider the best forum on the internet. You have probably been reading it for a while, so I'm happy you decided to jump in.

I know your Sporter # 1 is beautiful. I currently have two Shilohs on order. I have a .45/90 Hartford that is currently in production and may be ready any time now, and a .50/90 Sporter # 1 that will go into production sometime in the spring.

Sorry to read about the MS. But I am glad to see you are not letting it slow you down. I hope you have many, many years of pleasure out of that rifle. But, please keep one thing in mind. Shilohs need company of their own kind. So keeping that in mind, start thinking what other calibres and models you need. :wink:
Lee Stone
Canoe112

Post by Canoe112 »

Stronghorn,

Sounds to me like you got a great deal. You couldn't plan an opportunity like that.

Like Lee said I regret the MS. And I have this to add; my mother came down with MS in 1951, she died in 1999. The MS didn't get her, she had a heart attack. So do your damnest to keep doing things. There is still a lot to enjoy.

Welcome to the Boards.

Hal
SOURDOUGH

Post by SOURDOUGH »

I suppose my Shiloh lives in an integrated neighborhood. The others are a '75 C. Sharps and an original Sharps Borchardt.
This ain't Australia, and you ain't Matthew Quigley!
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Sourdough,
Just put a copy of Quigley Down Under and Crossfire Trail in the safe with them and you will have neighborhood tranquility
Trigger Dr
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation