American Creedmoor Cup / Regional Creedmoor

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

I resemble ALL of those remarks!
Actually what was happening was that Kenny just found out Jimbo had just dropped and broken their last bottle of Makers. :cry: :cry: :cry:
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Steve,

I must apologize!!!!! I have been too uncharitable to you as of late, so I have attached a picture showing your better side.

BTW, Michael was also explaining to Steve he could not just select a trophy, he had to win one. :) :wink: ..............................................Jim

Woody

Post by Woody »

Now that's funny!!!

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Well, at least you guys can stand flat footed and look over your pickup cab! I have to stand on the running board!
Man, never wanted to be short, fat and bald.......... and guess what happened? Yup, 5'6", 210 lbs and have a hair like Elmer Fudd!
:lol:
bryany

Post by bryany »

Woody, I think Michael is saying "what do they say" and Steve is saying "heck if I know, I can't read either"

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
Woody

Post by Woody »

Don't tell me they had Jimbo make the presentations. OK everybody, check your trophys and exchange for the correct ones.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
HHHSharps

Post by HHHSharps »

Gents,

Before this thread fades off into oblivion I wanted to take a moment to thank Steve, Michael and all the others who helped make it a great time for Dale and I. We had a great time and although we have only been shooting for 1 season now, we have had our fair share of success. We have done well in no small part because of all the great guys who have helped us get ramped up and avoid the great abyss that swallows so many people. We learn so many things every time we shoot...not sure we will ever get it all sorted out. But we have a dang good time.

Some of my highlights were:

1. Shooting the Cup and self spotting for the first time.
2. Shooting regulation paper Creedmoor targets for the first time.
3. Meeting several folks for the first time.
4. Fantastic grub from herr Rhoades and Co.
5. Strengthening current relationships.
6. Watching Chip shoot and spending some time with him.
7. Taking 7th in the Cup...first time to try and spot for myself.
8. Shooting a 99-4x @ 800 one morning.
9. Coaching my partner Dale and having him whip me soundly...seriously, it was great.
10. Taking notice that when Kelley broke the firing pin on his Borchardt, he had the skills at making good ammo and the shooting skills to take Michael's spare rifle and shoot a dang good score...for a rifle that he never shot and ammo that wasn't tailored to it. I was impressed.
11. Kenny showing up and only really having 1 day he felt bad.

Low-lights...

1. Bryan Youngberg beat me again. I can't beat Bryan to save my bacon
2. 5 to 7 o'clock tailwinds that I obviously have not mastered yet...geez.
3. Spending the first 2 days with the "cookie monster". :shock: Chip was right Steve...there should be a medal class just for that. Joking aside...it was actually tolerable.
4. NRA falling down on it's face again on the awards sent to the field...or the lack thereof. It is a testament to Steve's charachter that he takes those things into consideration and makes provisions.

Thank you all for the time well spent.

Well done Steve and Michael...well done.

Eric Halter
...to compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical...

Thomas Jefferson
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Steve had it right Jimbo had just told me that he had broke the last battle of Makers, then assured me that we could dash across the road to albertsons to pick up more. :oops:

I was over come for a brief moment. :lol: WE took Kelley along and replenished our stock. I think this was after one of the party got in trouble at the Chillies. :roll: 8)

The Biker Bar in Anthem was more in keeping with what we are used too.

It was great to see everyone, and too spend time with friends. A small ceromony was preformed late one evening after Trent had partaken of way to much Makers, We christened him as a Harsh Brother. Like other memberships one has to ask? :lol: I promptly went to bed right after that. :roll:

As Eron aluded too, We had a rough evening on first arrival, I had bought some sandals to wear to the shower house, Ozark Ridge ones. After I had put them on had to set down, was overcome with some pain and head was spinning. I had this horrible urge to eat Granola, and go find a tree to hug. Jimbo fortifided me with a Picture of a pumping Unit and Crude oil battery in the back ground and I was able to fend off the illness and forge on to the Showerhouse.

Eric and Dale was great to see you guys and see how well you did, Kent Savage also after we went and picked him up at the gate, after Achmed had brought him to Ben Avery, in the wee hours of the night. He did very well for a first timer. Eric was right I really only had one rough day so it was a great trip for me.

Kirk Martin had a blast in spite of not thinking he needed to wipe? :lol: :lol:

Several times Zack led the group in prayer meetings yet we never seem to of made it over for them. :roll:

My partner in the Cup, the proud and ever fun to pick on, War Chief of the Chipawa nation, Toby Crissler, who I had to drive over 2000 miles to be squaded with again, this makes 3 times in the past 4-5 years at varrious long distance matches. WE of course never had a dull moment.

The new scoring method worked very well, I like it.

Lastly on the way home, and our sorta detour through Sedona, after partaking of Peyote Porter at the Lady of the new age crystal parlor, :roll: I got to back the brand new camper down a 6% grade for 3/4 of a mile after the snow plow flipped over in the road coming at me. We got to drive back through Sedona and Oak Creek and back up again to Flagstaff after they reopened I-17.

Jimbo and I knew we were in the spirit world and that no one could see us in the round abouts in oak Creek and Sedona. Then the 180 on the highway just south of cresent jct with pickup and camper and never rolled or hit a deliner post and help from a Oil Patch brother pulling us out of the snow. :roll: :roll: That guy called me today he is a flow tester for oil wells. And is looking for a Job with us. Getting hit with a 70 Mph Gust of wind on solid ice is not for the faint of heart. :shock: :shock:

And thanks to the hand from Key, a work over Rig company we use, that reconized my Anadarko coat and stopped also and followed us up to 80 to make sure we made it. This all happend 300 miles from home, Wyoming's Oil patch is really a small tight knit group. :shock:

I knew at the very begining of the trip, it was going to get western, when that damm Raven lit in the street as we were about to pull out from Jimbo's house. I rolled down the window (jimbo telling me that killing a Raven was bad luck) I saw the old boy was missing the top half of his beak and looked pretty rough. So I asked him nicely to move over so I would not run over him, after asking him what bar had he got into a fight in? He looked pretty rough. He just stood there cocking his head back and forth and finally hopped over and let me pull out for Phoenix. ( THIS IS ALL TRUE BTW).

Just a few miles north of Meeker a Large bolder came out of the hillside and rolled accross the road in front of us, 1 min sooner we would of tagged it. (it was the Raven) am sure of it :wink: This was the morning we started down for Phoenix!

While I can not speak for everyone else: Jimbo and Myself had ONE HELL OF A TIME!.

We missed the bolder north of Meeker, We got the camper trade done and back in no time flat, We missed the pile up on 17 just outside of Flag, the snow Plow missed us just outside of Sedona, Made it back through Sedona in the Spirit world!. Lastly the 180 on solid Ice, south of Cresent Jct. I am telling you.

IT WAS THE RAVEN.

The Lunger
KW
Home working Making Gas.

PS WHEN SKIDDING ON ICE WITH A TRAILER< ONE TURNS INTO THEN OUT OF THE SKID TO KEEP FROM JACKKNIFING.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

Kenny,
Jimbo said during that skid incident he looked over and you had a death grip on the wheel, your eyes closed and you were screaming like a 10 year old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert! :oops: :lol: :wink:
Kelley O. Roos

Post by Kelley O. Roos »

AHHHHHHHH, come on Steve,

We all know Kenny wouldn't scream like a girl at a Justin Timbelake concert :? Kenny ain't got the lung capacity :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kelley O.
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

Kelly,
I never let facts get in the way of a good story. :wink:
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Steve, Kelley is right I have not enough lungs for that!

From what Jimbo told me, I said " Oh F!!!! and just kept steering in and then out of the skid untill we landed in the ditch facting south towards Baggs.

When he could talk all he kept saying was man that was some driving wow!!!!!!

We then set there and just laughed for a while.

KW

PS Cant wait for Nov!!!
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
deerhuntsheatmeup

Post by deerhuntsheatmeup »

What's tha date in Nov? I got a cow elk hunt in East AZ West NM early November, it could be a toofer!

Best, DB
General Rustie
Oiling Director
FES Society
It's hard to have a bright light experience, when you are living in the light.
Clarence

Post by Clarence »

David,

Arizona State Silhouette Championship November 18th-19th-20th

I plan to be there.

Clarence
VectorMan

Re:

Post by VectorMan »

Kenny Wasserburger wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 pm Steve had it right Jimbo had just told me that he had broke the last battle of Makers, then assured me that we could dash across the road to albertsons to pick up more. :oops:

I was over come for a brief moment. :lol: WE took Kelley along and replenished our stock. I think this was after one of the party got in trouble at the Chillies. :roll: 8)

The Biker Bar in Anthem was more in keeping with what we are used too.

It was great to see everyone, and too spend time with friends. A small ceromony was preformed late one evening after Trent had partaken of way to much Makers, We christened him as a Harsh Brother. Like other memberships one has to ask? :lol: I promptly went to bed right after that. :roll:

As Eron aluded too, We had a rough evening on first arrival, I had bought some sandals to wear to the shower house, Ozark Ridge ones. After I had put them on had to set down, was overcome with some pain and head was spinning. I had this horrible urge to eat Granola, and go find a tree to hug. Jimbo fortifided me with a Picture of a pumping Unit and Crude oil battery in the back ground and I was able to fend off the illness and forge on to the Showerhouse.

Eric and Dale was great to see you guys and see how well you did, Kent Savage also after we went and picked him up at the gate, after Achmed had brought him to Ben Avery, in the wee hours of the night. He did very well for a first timer. Eric was right I really only had one rough day so it was a great trip for me.

Kirk Martin had a blast in spite of not thinking he needed to wipe? :lol: :lol:

Several times Zack led the group in prayer meetings yet we never seem to of made it over for them. :roll:

My partner in the Cup, the proud and ever fun to pick on, War Chief of the Chipawa nation, Toby Crissler, who I had to drive over 2000 miles to be squaded with again, this makes 3 times in the past 4-5 years at varrious long distance matches. WE of course never had a dull moment.

The new scoring method worked very well, I like it.

Lastly on the way home, and our sorta detour through Sedona, after partaking of Peyote Porter at the Lady of the new age crystal parlor, :roll: I got to back the brand new camper down a 6% grade for 3/4 of a mile after the snow plow flipped over in the road coming at me. We got to drive back through Sedona and Oak Creek and back up again to Flagstaff after they reopened I-17.

Jimbo and I knew we were in the spirit world and that no one could see us in the round abouts in oak Creek and Sedona. Then the 180 on the highway just south of cresent jct with pickup and camper and never rolled or hit a deliner post and help from a Oil Patch brother pulling us out of the snow. :roll: :roll: That guy called me today he is a flow tester for oil wells. And is looking for a Job with us. Getting hit with a 70 Mph Gust of wind on solid ice is not for the faint of heart. :shock: :shock:

And thanks to the hand from Key, a work over Rig company we use, that reconized my Anadarko coat and stopped also and followed us up to 80 to make sure we made it. This all happend 300 miles from home, Wyoming's Oil patch is really a small tight knit group. :shock:

I knew at the very begining of the trip, it was going to get western, when that damm Raven lit in the street as we were about to pull out from Jimbo's house. I rolled down the window (jimbo telling me that killing a Raven was bad luck) I saw the old boy was missing the top half of his beak and looked pretty rough. So I asked him nicely to move over so I would not run over him, after asking him what bar had he got into a fight in? He looked pretty rough. He just stood there cocking his head back and forth and finally hopped over and let me pull out for Phoenix. ( THIS IS ALL TRUE BTW).

Just a few miles north of Meeker a Large bolder came out of the hillside and rolled accross the road in front of us, 1 min sooner we would of tagged it. (it was the Raven) am sure of it :wink: This was the morning we started down for Phoenix!

While I can not speak for everyone else: Jimbo and Myself had ONE HELL OF A TIME!.

We missed the bolder north of Meeker, We got the camper trade done and back in no time flat, We missed the pile up on 17 just outside of Flag, the snow Plow missed us just outside of Sedona, Made it back through Sedona in the Spirit world!. Lastly the 180 on solid Ice, south of Cresent Jct. I am telling you.

IT WAS THE RAVEN.

The Lunger
KW
Home working Making Gas.

PS WHEN SKIDDING ON ICE WITH A TRAILER< ONE TURNS INTO THEN OUT OF THE SKID TO KEEP FROM JACKKNIFING.
When a person has time they owe it to themselves to read and reread old posts on this forum. While I mainly search for helpful shooting/loading hints, I occasionally run across a good story. The above is one of those I found the other day. I would have loved to been involved in this match and all of its “OTHER” activities.
Life is way too shot to sit on the sidelines.

KA
"keep adding powder til it bloodies your nose and blacks your eyes, then back it off bout 5 grains."