American Creedmoor Cup / Regional Creedmoor

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Post by Woody »

Thanks Doc. Now, not only do I have to hide from Kidwell, but I have to stay away from Aridzona. Where can I shoot now?

Steve, didn't know you were going to give it a try. Glad it worked. Maybe we can get it too Raton this year.

Your comment on the Gills gave me an idea on a easy cookout meal for Raton. I've got a great surplus of the little buggers. How does a fish fry sound? I can bring the fillets, somebody have a big fry pot?

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Oregon Bill

Post by Oregon Bill »

My dear Mr. Wood: If you would care to share any of your bluegill magic secrets with the poor pilgrims here, I would bet they would be most grateful ...
:D
squire

Post by squire »

My secret is to cultivate friendship with a fellow who has a well stocked lake.
squire

Post by squire »

Hell, I would even help him get rid of the beavers.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Squire,

No Beavers. Had an invasion of Muskrats two years ago. Couldn't hit them with a .22, but 00 Buck worked just fine. Come on over. I've got a large supply of fat Bluegills and a few Bass happy to exercise your rod.

Oregon Bill,

No secret to fixen good fish. Deep fried, baked, or steamed, just don't overcook.

The meal Steve alluded to was too simple. Steve was forced on a "bland" diet. I brushed some gill fillets with Olive Oil, wraped them in aluminum foil and grilled for a few minutes. No salt or pepper or anything else. He was hungry.

Gills are one of the best eating fish I know of as long as you boneless fillet them.

(The rest of us were eating steak and beer.)

So are we going to have a cook out in Raton this year?

Woody
Richard A. Wood
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Jim,

Sorry to take so long to answer but we have moved from Phoenix to Gallup, NM in the meantime.

The short answer is, no, none, nada. My permit this year covers seven rifles and one handgun along with about 2500 rounds of ammo for them. We always try to use the same border crossing and so far it has been all you could hope for on both sides going and coming and we've been doing it now since 2005.

Homeland Security/Border Patrol occasionally do random checks of all vehicles leaving the USA. We are not allowed to export any ammo or components without another permit which is $200.00 per time and must go through an FFL. For instance if I want to buy brass from Mr. Gullo he would have to ship it to an FFL who would then get the $200 permit and ship it to my FFL. Hardly worth it. It seems counter-productive to your economic recovery but I understand a lot of terrorists use 45-90s. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the well wishes.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Paul when will your next trip to this side of the border be?
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Howdy Don,

Right now the plan is to shoot the Forsyth May Silhouette match the third weekend of May and then everything after that. We have our first match at home the 23rd of April but Leo sent me an email the other day and said he doubts it will happen due to the snow at the range. Apparently you have to step UP to get out of the clubhouse and that means it is about 5' deep. In that case I am considering the May shoot in Alliance if I have my dates right. At the moment we are just trying to make our way home and stay clear of snow storms.

What did you have in mind? I have more ammo. :D :D

Paul
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Paul,

So there is no problem carrying Black Powder ammo back and forth across the border or just not declare it is BP?....................................Jim
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Jim,

The first question the US Customs ask is, "where are you folks off to?" My answer, "we are on our way to a Black Powder match in Phoenix." (or where ever) If anything the mention of Black Powder relaxes the issue of 'guns'. If they want to see them I suspect it is out of curiosity. I do not carry bulk powder but only loaded rounds. For the Raton trip in '09 I had a total of 1150 with me, no hassle.

Going off-line until supper time now.

Paul
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Paul Alliance is May 6,7 &8
Baker is June 11 &12.
Looking forward to visting you folks again, and anytime you get to my part of the world you know you're welcome to drop by.
semtav

Post by semtav »

So, looking at the Creedmoor scores, I got to wondering,--

American

1st----545--14X
2nd---525---6X
3rd---511---1X
4th---510--12X

Regional

1st---546--9X
2nd--535--6X
3rd---527--7X
4th---513--6X

Just wondering,,, ...Are those spotters really worth what they are getting paid, or were the conditions worse Saturday and Sunday??

I'll go duck now 8)
Woody

Post by Woody »

semtav,

Better find a big rock to hide under. Good point though. I think a great shooter that is also a great spotter can do both at the same time.

Heck, I've seen Hugh Wilson, during a silhouette match, run the match, shoot and spot for himself and beat most of the rest of us.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Steve, how many shooters total did you end up with, and how many could the range handle?
Glad you found away to slow the cheating down some. Can't figure what good a score is if you have to cheat to get it. :roll:
Oregon Bill

Post by Oregon Bill »

Don: You mentioned a shoot at Baker. Are we talking Baker, Oregon?