American Creedmoor Cup / Regional Creedmoor

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tasmanian Rebel

Post by Tasmanian Rebel »

Don, I believe the overwhelming majority of shooters are honest folk and turn in the correct score but there would sometimes be a question or two and hopefully this system puts those to rest.
Semtav, I think the guys had a MUCH tougher day on Sat. (1st day of the Regional)with the wind conditions from reports I've heard which probably skewed the results. Perhaps someone who was at the match can pipe up and corroborate my statement on that though.
Keith Lay
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Oregon Bil , no Baker Mt.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Keith, I'm with you all the way. Anything that keeps things totally on the up and up with less chance of "mistakes" or "creative score" is a good thing and can only be good for the sport in general.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
bryany

Post by bryany »

semtav, if the four shooters were the same in each match and in the same order, it would be easier to correlate the results. It looks to me that Chip Mate and Dave Gullo managed to shoot very well with or without a spotter. As was said earlier, a good shooter will be doing quite a bit of spotting as well as listening to his spotter.

The shooting conditions in Arizona were about as mild as you could ask for. Not dead calm, but pretty workable if you paid attention. Where the spotter really helps is when conditions change while the shooter is in the gun and he misses the change. A spotter will continue correcting until the shot is fired.

It's also true that an average shooter may shoot the same with or without a spotter.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

Bryan,
In Chip's case he just got REALLY lucky during the Cup but in the Regional it was the spotter that kept him in the middle. :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink:
Steve R.
AZ.
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB
bryany

Post by bryany »

Steve, do I detect a little tongue-in-cheek as well as a little truth in your statement?

I know I got burned a couple times in the cup when the condition changed while I got in the gun. Kelley had to bite his tongue and not say anything until the string was over.

I wouldn't call it luck in the cup but you need to have a couple of breaks go your way to score well.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

Alot of tongue-in-cheek!
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Speaking of "Tongue-in-Cheek"..........

This from a "trusted" Shooter
Then there is Rhoades telling the saddest tale of woe about how the wind blew his bullet and it missed the target at the last minute. So sad it moved Kenny to tears, had to blow his nose.

.............................Jim
Oregon Bill

Post by Oregon Bill »

Wait a minute! You mean there is consumption of alcoholic beverages (after the guns are put away) at these affairs?!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

:( :( :( :(

You know Jim, there is a distinct possibility that Steve's compelling tale of woe may have adversely affected Kenny's shooting the next two days.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kenny is a really upright tough guy but somehow old Steve really moved him. At least that is a distinct possibility.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Possibly, the trouble began when Kenny and Jimbo agreed to convey honorary 'Harsh Brother' status on Herr Rhoades. And, as we all know, once the sled starts skidding down hill it is hard to stop.

What's the old saying, "No kindness shall go unpunished?'

I feel for Kenny, I really do.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Well by Jiggers, doesn't look like they are pining away from hunger, that's for sure.
Some of these guys have to look like beached whales when they're shooting prone! :lol: Duck and Cover MD, Duck and Cover! :lol:
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Actually, in all honesty I would to include myself in the whale pod shooting in the prone position. :lol: MD
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

MD, PLEASE ? Where is your sense of proportion and humanity ? :shock: I am shocked. :shock:

Don't you see? Obviously, it was an emotional moment for Kenny. Let's all show a modicum of respect for our fellow travellers on the Black Powder Trail. :oops:
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Woody

Post by Woody »

Ah, D. D., I fear that you have fallen off the chuck wagon again. Step away from Cacti and return to reality.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Woody,

You know you are right. There is a ton of Peyote growing in D.D.'s area. :) :) Sometimes it will make you speak in tongue (from what I hear)...................Jim