mva 130/ 3f swiss/bullet depth and velocity

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

ffffgdave@yahoo.com

mva 130/ 3f swiss/bullet depth and velocity

Post by ffffgdave@yahoo.com »

sorry i ment this to be a new topic:
i called mva today and asked about their sights.. due to liability they have to say thier sights should not be fired in the reverse possition. the plus is they come with the quick removal screw.. they recomend the 130 for hunting that has windage and elevation screws and they lock down.. at the worst i can use it to work up loads and for fun.. at the best i can figure how to use it for hunting without getting in the way of the buckhorns when game is close and need qujick shot, or in very dim light.. only way ill know for sure is to get my feet wet.. .. . another question is 3f swiss a bit faster than 3f goex with 70 grains and 400 grain bullet... 2nd questioin is velocity quite bit higher with lead bullet 25-1 into the lands? thanks dave.
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

ffff, I don't wish to disappoint you, but the MVA sights, to the best of my knowledge do not come with the knurled, quick disconect screw. I am tomorrow going to order two of these screws, and it is my understanding that they cost $36 each! They are absolutey right when they tell you not to shoot your rifle with the tang sight folded in the, to the rear position. It is a good way to put your eye out!!

Adjustment of the tang sight is silent. It too has it's advantages and disadvantages. With a large rear aperature and good knowledge of where to adjust the elevation, you can be almost as quick if not quicker than the rear barrel/buckhorn type. Give it a try! You might like it. I know I did, and I can shoot a heck of a lot better with the large apperature rear than with the buckhorn. This will probably get some pro/con responses. Try everything and see what works best and most accurately for you. Randy
Randy Ruwe
Omaha Poke

Post by Omaha Poke »

Sorry about the double post, I think I double clicked it!! Randy
Randy Ruwe