Silenced 45

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Dave Shaw

Silenced 45

Post by Dave Shaw »

Hi guy's :D

Just one for you to think over.
For us over the pond we have to have all of our guns on a Police permit, now the police can put "conditions" on the permit.
Mine has and I qoute - "The 45 cal rifle to which this certificate relates must not be fitted with a suppressed barrel" :!:
Maybe the bad guys know something we don't.
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Hi Dave,
I really do not understand the thought process that these people go through. Here in Washington State, we have a law that statesunder the definations of a machine gun..a firearm that discharges more than one projectile with the single pull of the trigger. I did not know that all of my shotguns were machine guns..I guess it is the difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. Just like the one that makes it illegal to attach any device to a firearm, that lessens the report of the firearm. This would mean that I cannot put my shooting earmuffs around the gun when not using them

Trigger Dr
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Dave Shaw

Silenced 45

Post by Dave Shaw »

Trigger Dr

You have a point there regarding the shotgun/machine gun. Machine guns have been banned here since the 50's So I guess all the shotguns in this country are illigal machine guns - nuts
Omak Cowboy

"machine guns"

Post by Omak Cowboy »

As I recall the conditional ownership of automatic weapons came about in I think 1932. Conditional as one CAN own one or more of these BUT there is a tax on each weapon of I think $600 - per year I believe AND the owner signs away all his rights to privacy under search and seizure - meaning that the ATF can search his premises without notice at any time.

The curious thing is that the automatic weapons "ban" was justified to the modern public as a result of the St. Valentine's Massicure, but...those killings took place about six months AFTER the law came into effect.

The third item is that the BATF used to be the Bureau of Alcohol/Tax - known to our country kin as "revenuers" and concerned only with collection of taxes on alcohol. With the repeal of prohibition FDR needed a WPA for the govenment agents and so tacked on the Firearms to the BAT(F).
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
MLV

Post by MLV »

The tax is $200 and its a one time deal. Its called a transfer tax that you pay when you buy a full-auto firearm. Then when or if you sell it the buyer will pay it next time.
Omak Cowboy

Tax

Post by Omak Cowboy »

Hmmmm $200?

Well maybe the other $400 I was quoted goes to the great state of Washington/
Omak
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
RIFLE:
45 - 70 #1 Sporter, shotgun buttplate, bone charcoal, 28 inch heavy octagon, semi fancy wood, pewter tip, MVA soule sights. 11 lbs, 10 1/2 ounces.
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

Yes, even though there is conditional ownership under federal law, Our "progressive" state of Washington had outlawed them for all but law enforcement and militery in the performance of their duty. The BATF is now called BOOZE, BUTTS, and BANG BANG by those of us in the police field And if you can believe it, they do not specialize in any particular area of their jurisdiction. You may have an explosive agent working alcoho today and tabacco tomorrow.
Trigger Drl
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Dave Shaw

Silenced 45

Post by Dave Shaw »

Hi Guys

Still looks like you have a better time than us. No way could you get our "law makers" to allow any type of prohibited firearm (pistols,self loading rifles,machine guns) in return for paying a tax/licence fee, no matter how much it is they could rase.

Dave