Question for MLV

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Tim Kauffman

Question for MLV

Post by Tim Kauffman »

Hello Sir;

First, I would like to compliment you on "Shooting Buffalo Rifles of the Old West". It's a great book. I've enjoyed it so much I've read it 2 and a half times (so far). I highly recommend it to this forum. I would like to tap into your knowledge of the 1873 Winchester (rifle, not carbine) if you don't mind. I have the Uberti reproduction of that rifle in 44-40. I am a little nutty on historical authenticity (I've pestered Kirk with alot of questions on my rifle order but he has been extremely patient which I do appreciate). My question is: Do you know if the early 1873 rifles had color case hardened finishes on the fore end cap and butt plat as well as the receiver or were they blued? My Uberti has a blued buttplate and fore end cap. Is this finish period correct or were the Italians just skimping on costs? I once owned a Pedersoli Sharps 45-70. But after looking at photos of original 1874 Sharps I found so many big inaccuracies in its appearance I sold it for a loss. Why make a reproduction that doesn't even look close to the original? Go figure. This is why my next Sharps will be a Shilo. Just like the old ad said "you get what you pay for".
Tim Kauffman

Mis-spelled Shiloh.

Post by Tim Kauffman »

:oops: I can't believe I just misspelled Shiloh. Sometimes I'm so stupid it scares even me. Sorry about that. :( My apologies to all the great folks at the company. Tumbleweed Tim
Lee Stone

Post by Lee Stone »

Don't be too hard on yourself Tim, I can guarantee that you are not the first person to leave that second "H" off. :oops:

Probably wont be the last either. :roll:
Lee Stone
ironramrod

Post by ironramrod »

Tim,

I agree with Lee Stone re: not worrying about spelling. Personally, I ascribe to Will Rogers philosophy on the subject; he said a man has a small imagination, if he can only spell a word one way.
Trigger Dr

Post by Trigger Dr »

WHY? did webster spell polish And POLISH (the nationality) the same way?
Trigger Dr
Direct ALL e-Mail to jimrmilner@juno.com

NRA LIFE MEMBER
LIMBSAVER® BPCR Team
Prospective Member BPCR Federation
Ken Hartlein

Post by Ken Hartlein »

Spelling a work three or four different ways takes a lot of intelgenice!! ha ha.
Shiloh Rules!!
Republic of Texas Shiloh Hunter