first sharps

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

archdlx

first sharps

Post by archdlx »

Was going to buy "P from across the pond", but WE decieded that if WE are going to get a rifle, let's get a RIFLE! WE, being my better half. WE'VE decieded on a #1, 30" tube, pewter tip, extra fancy wood, 45-2.1 cal. The RIFLE is going to be used for big game, informal targets, some bpcrs, (if I can catch up to an Alberta club), and of course some of our most dangeous game, GOPHERS. Any comments, suggestions about sights, etc.? Would like to hear from any Canadians in general, Albertans in particular, of where the best place to buy reloading components would be. I am probably going to flood you folks with stupid questions, even though I've been searching the archives and doing specific searches. So if it becomes to much, tell me to bother the folks over at msn.bpcr! Thanks for your time and input, LeRoy and Mim. P.S. This IS the greatest site on the web. WE will be at Kennys' shoot in May. I've already got it marked on my calender and e-mailed my time off to my boss. See ya there. Oh ya! MLV, you are right up there with ELMER as one of my heros!!
BuckeyeShooter

Post by BuckeyeShooter »

archdlx, welcome to the forum. Sound like a good choice in you first rifle. Of course any Shiloh is a good choice. You'll definetly get all your questions answered here and probably some you don't want answered (the late great who's truck is better debate as an example). You can definitely get a good chuckle once in awhile hanging out here. Got to warn you about buying your first Shiloh though, they tend to multiply once you get that first one. Looking forward to meeting you in May at the Wasserburger ranch.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" -Benjamin Franklin-