My 1877 And The "List"

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Trigger1212

Re: My 1877 And The "List"

Post by Trigger1212 »

PG
Very nice, been a looong time coming but sure is nice to see pics of the units rolling off the line!

Now those of you that have yours already just remember what ole Forrest Gump’s Momma used to say: Pretty is as pretty does.

So you have wowed us with good looks so now we need to see some targets!

Kirk, since I am mostly a hunter you get a pass, VERY cool breakin it in on a turkey! I always have a little rule in my head when I pick up a new firearm, it isn’t really “mine” till I shoot something with it. That baby is YOURS and in style!

Thanks for sharing gents.

Wade
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Took the '77 out for a walk today. I think this rifle is certainly the first '77 to kill something...

PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
Del

Post by Del »

Lookie what I found under the Christmas Tree for me!! And my current Gift Certificate from Shiloh for another 1877 that I won at the last Shiloh Invitational!! It really must suck for all these liberals that don't believe in Christmas!

45-70 with 34" half round barrel
Checkering, steel shotgun buttplate, snovel pistol grip
Pewter tip, double set triggers, MVA sights
Extra fancy black walnut with AAA finish
and more...
Fortune Favors the Bold...
Woody

Post by Woody »

Oh the agony!!!!! Still waiting.

Good looking tomato stake.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Oh the agony!!!!! Still waiting.

Good looking tomato stake.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

They look a little better with a little fur behind them...

bobw

Post by bobw »

Yeah ,Kirk they do, but shooting them in the foot is a testimonial of your ability not the gun that outshines you. bobw
bobw
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Shooting the foot is a testimonial of hunting prowess. I shot that deer in his bed and the bullet went clear through the deer striking his foot as it was under him when he was laying there...
Del

Post by Del »

Kirk Stovall wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:17 am They look a little better with a little fur behind them...
I will have to remedy that!

I should get a few points for posting the gift certificate, though!
Fortune Favors the Bold...
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

kirk; what is that a texas jackrabbit :lol: art r
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

art ruggiero wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:44 pm kirk; what is that a texas jackrabbit :lol: art r
You can tell it isn’t because it hasn’t been shot in the ass...
bobw

Post by bobw »

Kirk Stovall wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 am Shooting the foot is a testimonial of hunting prowess. I shot that deer in his bed and the bullet went clear through the deer striking his foot as it was under him when he was laying there...
Well I suppose, one time more than a couple of years ago I shot a forkhorn mule deer buck low in the chest with my LRE 50-140 it exited the farside and reentered the backside of the right front leg and exited on the far side of the leg. If not for the clay bank behind him, that 570 ppb would probably be just about coming out of low orbit in a month or so near as I can figure. I remember skinning him out and there was 4 bullet holes in that hide with just one shot ,not the kind of thing that happens with weapons of less power mind you. You know ever since I became a member in good standing of the Royal Order of the "Flat Earth Society" I been steadily but surely going to Hell. bobw :lol:
bobw
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

bob

You are correct, only depleted uranium or BFD's brain is more dense than one of these cast bullets travelling a moderate velocity. This buffalo was shot with the 1886 in 45-70 and it went clear through that bull, through another cow behind it and struck the front leg of another cow behind it...

Trigger1212

No Bueno!

Post by Trigger1212 »

Called Lucinda today to see if the 77 was going to make it out the door before the end of the year as they had stated it was a possibility. No Bueno! She had just got done packing the completed rifles and had not seen mine so it looks like a January Birthday. Tempted to say RATS!, but I won't. If I got it before year-end it would just cause stress in the family as I'd just want to play with it. Kids will be home from college and we have to do some traveling.

January delivery will give me something to look forward to after the Christmas is over and the kids are gone blues set in so I'm ok with it!

Was going to ask Miss L if Woody's made it out the door but forgot! Let us know Woody!

Cheers!

Wade
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Del wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:20 pm Lookie what I found under the Christmas Tree for me!! And my current Gift Certificate from Shiloh for another 1877 that I won at the last Shiloh Invitational!! It really must suck for all these liberals that don't believe in Christmas!

45-70 with 34" half round barrel
Checkering, steel shotgun buttplate, snovel pistol grip
Pewter tip, double set triggers, MVA sights
Extra fancy black walnut with AAA finish
and more...
Looking at your rifle, it doesn’t appear to have pack hardening, or is it just the picture?