My 1877 And The "List"

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kirk Stovall

My 1877 And The "List"

Post by Kirk Stovall »

The list for the new 1877 being produced by Shiloh is something of a mystery. I have talked to Lucinda, and Kirk, only Phyllis has given me any hope that it will be sooner than later. I have done everything in my power to promote Shiloh rifles, and now I await my reward and a timely delivery of my 1877. I am sure that I have beat most people to the order as I talked to Wolfgang about this almost 25 years ago...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
bobw

Re: My 1877 And The "List"

Post by bobw »

Geez Kirk, I thought I had my name on the list pretty close to the top. Your trump card of having talked to Wolf 25 years ago beats any pull I might have imagined. I hope you get yours ASAP including it being chambered Wolf style with the 3/4 overbored freebore. :twisted: :P .Good luck anyway cause that is a long list. bobw
bobw
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

If you never met Wolf, you are somehow slighted. I was talking to him at a gun show about ordering another rifle and I was hesitant due to the wait, even back then. He assured me that he thought I had plenty of life ahead of me that the wait wouldn't be longer than I would live. I replied that it wasn't me I was worrying about being around long enough to get the rifle made.

Wolf was a powerful man. He was old school and worked with his hands. After I had made my observation, he grabbed my shoulder to reassure me of his logivity and nearly broke my collar bone. I never said anything more to Wolfgang about how long he might be around. He did die, however, and I am still waiting...
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Need my 1877 by March of 2015 so have it to start the season. Is that a reasonable time-frame?
Glenn
Steve crawford

Post by Steve crawford »

I'll just be happy to get the call for my 1874 Shiloh. :D :D :shock: :lol: :lol:

Steve
NRA Life Member TSRA Life Member
Shiloh #1 Sporter 40-2.1 Remington Rollingblock #1 40-2.1
baldhead9

Post by baldhead9 »

Steve crawford wrote:I'll just be happy to get the call for my 1874 Shiloh. :D :D :shock: :lol: :lol:

Steve

Times two on that

Smitty
msuttonrn

Post by msuttonrn »

This doesn't sound promising!!! I have been on the waiting list at least a year, and I thought I would be receiving a call any day now. What is the hold up? Kirk shot a finished rifle at one of the Texas matches, and the Shiloh folks had an awesome looking lock plate at this years Quigley. Oh well, I sure hope its not much longer.
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

It's pretty obvious that none of you have ever worked at developing a new product for sale to the public.
There are a lot of issues to be worked out, especially with this rifle, as only a few were ever produced in the past.
When the demand is large, you sure don't want to start shipping them before you find out that everything is up to the standards that your company is known for.
Kirk just shot, for the first time this weekend, the first pistol gripped rifle ever produced and although it performed flawlessly it is only the second rifle assembled from all new tooling.
It takes months to write the CNC programs and then you have to fabricate new tooling for EVERY part. Then you can turn the machine on to make the first parts along with any modification needed before you commit to a run of production. Virtually every part in the '77 differs from the currently produced '74 rifles. Just making the correct screws for the '77 was a lengthy chore for Shiloh.
Remember, also, that during all the prep work for this new rifle you have to keep up the production for the balance of your product line so the orders for those rifles are delivered on time so those customers are kept happy and the bills get paid.
We are all anxious to receive our new '77s but I'm more than willing to wait for one that I know will stand up to the rigors of BPCR match shooting just like the '74s I currently own.
Relax, it'll be worth the wait!
Steve R.
AZ.
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

M&M's, will help you here. :lol:
They're all a bunch of chocoholics' in that place.. :lol: :lol:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

God Stovall, your so full of s----, how long did it take you to dream up that line???
You must have woke up feelin like a squirrel!!! Lol
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Kirk wrote:God Stovall, your so full of s----, how long did it take you to dream up that line???
Aren't you supposed to be in your shop building one of those '77s???
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Good post and right on Steve! Gargantuan job to bring a new rifle of such quality on line. Tooling up is always expensive!
I have a friend that has one of the Axtel 77's and has shot some good midrange scores with it. I think it still holds the offhand midrange score in AK at 96.
Nice rifle but I bet it won't measure up to the quality in Shiloh offerings. Mike D.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Kirk wrote:God Stovall, your so full of s----, how long did it take you to dream up that line???
I agree, Kirk. After meeting him at your shoot, he definitely has "Visions of Adequacy". :lol: :lol: :wink: .................................Jim
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Jim Kidwell wrote:

I agree, Kirk. After meeting him at your shoot, he definitely has "Visions of Adequacy". :lol: :lol: :wink: .................................Jim
I can see right through all your "buttering up" comments, hoping to get your name higher on "The List". Adequate, you must be referring to my score. It wasn't stellar, but you weren't around for all the autograph seekers after you got yours...
Steve Rhoades

Post by Steve Rhoades »

I think most of the people posting on this thread are earning themselves a position higher on the S*** list rather than the "77 list. :lol: :lol:
FOUNDER OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB