My 1877 And The "List"

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Kirk Stovall

Re: My 1877 And The "List"

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Dan O wrote:
Kirk Stovall wrote:I visited Shiloh and got a tour of the plant. I got to see what none of the rest of you saw and Yippee, what I did see was better than what you guys didn't...
Kirk I was there yesterday I saw it before you :lol:
No you didn't. I have been through the place dozens of times, Kirk relies on my vast experience for a resource. What I saw was a XXX piece of wood on a 77 that will probably be one of the best looking rifles that come out of the 77 list. All the guys that claimed they were first on the list can just bite me...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Kirk

You are having waaaay to much fun with this, which brings me to conclude you saw your rifle there almost finished!

Sure wish I lived close enough to pop in to see it in stages from time to time. That would just be the icing on the cake.

Hmmm, gonna have to think about that...

Cheers!

Wade
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

You need to back to the beginning and see just how much has transpired since the beginning of this thread. It saddens me to see an early note from Steve Rhoades and to think that he is no longer with us. It is worth a look back through the pages to remember all that has happened over the past 6 years...
Woody

Post by Woody »

There is truth there Kirk. We also lost Ken Pointer, aka: Choken in Feb this year. He was waiting with baited breath for this delivery cycle.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Kirk

I’m the type that reads the WHOLE thread instead of jumping in on the end. Never fear I’ve been following along since the beginning. I still say your having too much fun!

DID you get to see your rifle on the bench on your tour(s)? If you did, did you take any pictures? If so please share. It’s awesome to see a rifle (or anything) go from raw materials to the final beautiful product. I’d sue like to see it no matter the stage it’s at!

Woody, sorry to hear about Choken, I did not see a post about his passing. Expected or unexpected?

Wade
Woody

Post by Woody »

Unexpected. Big hole.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Dan O

Post by Dan O »

Kirk Stovall wrote:
Dan O wrote:
Kirk Stovall wrote:I visited Shiloh and got a tour of the plant. I got to see what none of the rest of you saw and Yippee, what I did see was better than what you guys didn't...
Kirk I was there yesterday I saw it before you :lol:
No you didn't. I have been through the place dozens of times, Kirk relies on my vast experience for a resource. What I saw was a XXX piece of wood on a 77 that will probably be one of the best looking rifles that come out of the 77 list. All the guys that claimed they were first on the list can just bite me...
Kirk I'm not on the list for 77 so I have no dog in this. Just saying you should have seen my eye prints all over that wood.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

I've heard Kirk B. bought a '77 from an Italian web site to satisfy Shrapnel's obsession for his "low" number rifle. Since Stovall has never learned how to load Black Powder loads and Venturino has other things to do, Kirk B. didn't want a Shiloh blown up by a careless smokeless neophyte.... Oh well..... :lol: :wink: ...............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Jim Kidwell wrote:I've heard Kirk B. bought a '77 from an Italian web site to satisfy Shrapnel's obsession for his "low" number rifle. Since Stovall has never learned how to load Black Powder loads and Venturino has other things to do, Kirk B. didn't want a Shiloh blown up by a careless smokeless neophyte.... Oh well..... :lol: :wink: ...............
It is a good looking copy. The real truth is that I now have my '77 and Kidwell doesn't even have a friend...
Wallinger

Post by Wallinger »

My brother and I not only have our 77s, we both shot them at Raton in the Creedmoor match. After 30 rounds for score we ended up tied. Both guns shot and handled great.
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

I had it out this weekend. I dare any of you claimers that were supposed to be ahead of me on the list to post up some pictures...

mdeland

Post by mdeland »

She's perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty and I like em plain but you really should have some checkering on her, but you can always do that later.
art ruggiero

Post by art ruggiero »

kirk; did you get yours in 12 gauge for turkey hunting? :D best art ruggiero
Smokin

Post by Smokin »

That's a handsome rifle.
Smokin

Member in tall standing of the Frozen Tundra Chapter, Flat Earth Society.
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

Lucinda called yesterday. Road trip to Big Timber , Montana today. Serial number E0044. 45-90 with 7 deg leade, 32" barrel, pack harden, steel buttplate, flared forend panels, Rigby rib, extra fancy wood hand selected by my daughter and AAA finish. Topped it off with a MVA XLR Buffalo Soule and MVA 113.

Many thanks to the wonderful folks at Shiloh Rifle for supporting the Montana 4H Shooting Sports Program with this very generous donation which I was fortunate to be selected at the 2016 Quigley Match.

right.jpg
left.jpg
forend.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.