My 1877 And The "List"

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Old-Win

Re: My 1877 And The "List"

Post by Old-Win »

Woody, I would buy that Borchardt if you've go a yen for one. That's a good price. You should be able to get some of your money back by selling the wood and the barrel. I've built two over the years using military actions and have filed the actions to shape them like sporters. Used needle files which are slow but you don't get into trouble. The first one I did was 2008 in 45-90 and finished the second one last year in 45-70. Bob

Woody

Post by Woody »

Nice!!

I've slept on it for a couple of nights, and think I'll pass for now. Probably will regret it, but......

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Bob,
Your Borchardt is the best. It should be a Lodi today. :)

Did you do the trigger modification on it?
Old-Win

Post by Old-Win »

Thanks Brent, John King did the trigger job on the first one and the second one is an action I bought at the Quigley about 5 yrs ago. It has the trigger modified by BRC. Mike and I are pulling out bright and early Tuesday morning for the Q or we would be in Lodi this weekend. Hope you guys have good weather and good shooting. I see that you and Jim K. are shooting together. That should be a good time with a lot of good ribbing going on after the match.
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

I got pictures of my '77, but I can't post them because there may be about 100 guys that thought they were ahead of me on "The List", so I will just have to sit here and enjoy them all to myself...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Now now Kirk don’t be that way. I always believed you so lemme see ‘em!

Good timing as I was just about to revive this thread as I would imagine the second batch of embellished 77s are starting to trickle off the line.

Hope everyone shares with good quality photos. Can’t wait!

Wade

Cheers!
Woody

Post by Woody »

I got the April letter and sent my money. Now I sit on the branch like a buzzard!

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Woody

Well your a step ahead of me anyway! No letter yet though Lucinda had gotten my hopes up. Went to the mailbox a month or so ago and there appeared to be The Letter in there. Feet did not touch the ground all the way to the house!

Opened the envelope and it was Lucinda sending and acknowledgement letter that they had received my wood blanks from Cecil, well Hell, that was not what I was expecting or hoping for!

I gave Lucinda a call to let her know how she had “got” me, she thought it was pretty funny, I did too after my heart rate settled back down.

Can’t wait to see your rifle when it’s done. There are only so many options and I think most guys will go for a heavy dose of bling as the rifle can really carry it well. I believe the biggest factor that will make one stand out from the crowd will be its wood, as usual I guess!

What calibur and barrel length did you go with?

Cheers!

Wade
Woody

Post by Woody »

34 inch 45-90.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Man that will be a beaut! The rifle looks at its best with a long barrel. Nice calibur too!

I was thinking 45-70 real hard but decided on 40-65 as will primarily be a silly-wette stick. Hoping for 32” barrel an still make weight.
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

And we have "movement"!! Got a call from Lucinda this morning confirming what I wanted done with my wood blanks as they are sending the next batch to be roughed out.

They said that my rifle is in the next batch to be priced out and I should be getting The Letter soon. Been a long gestation period but now we are getting to the exciting part! Whooooo Hoooo!

Cheers!

Wade
Woody

Post by Woody »

Patience hell, I'm past ready!!!!!!! Now the waiting really begins.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

I visited Shiloh and got a tour of the plant. I got to see what none of the rest of you saw and Yippee, what I did see was better than what you guys didn't...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
Dan O

Post by Dan O »

Kirk Stovall wrote:I visited Shiloh and got a tour of the plant. I got to see what none of the rest of you saw and Yippee, what I did see was better than what you guys didn't...
Kirk I was there yesterday I saw it before you :lol:
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I was at the Shiloh factory about a month ago and got the tour. I don't recall seeing any 77's but I was amazed by the number of rifles waiting on engraving. Suzy is going to be busy for a long time. I got a tour of the foundry as well. For those who don't know, the foundry has excess capacity for the rifle factory and takes in custom work. I had several projects done by them and that got me the tour.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"