My 1877 And The "List"

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Woody

Re: My 1877 And The "List"

Post by Woody »

Been to the range several times in the last few days. Have a load finalized for the 550 grain nose pour. Working to finalize one with the 540 grain postell. Todays test was promising with one test right at MOA at 200. Loaded up a 10 shot re-test and two five shot tests three tenths on either side.
If the weather holds, I'll get out tomorrow. I'm completely satisfied how this rifle is shooting.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Greasers shoot good too.

Yesterday before the wind really kicked up. I couldn't hit the quarter as hard as I tried.

Actually seven shots at 200 yards with MVA aperture sights. The wind was blowing right to left between 5 and 10 mph. Measures .5 high and 1.8 wide. I think a have a load.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Woody wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm Image

Greasers shoot good too.

Yesterday before the wind really kicked up. I couldn't hit the quarter as hard as I tried.

Actually seven shots at 200 yards with MVA aperture sights. The wind was blowing right to left between 5 and 10 mph. Measures .5 high and 1.8 wide. I think a have a load.

Woody
Damn! I can’t imagine getting more accuracy out of a gun than that...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
BFD

Post by BFD »

Such ugly bullets for a fancy gun, Woody. :)
Woody

Post by Woody »

Gives me faith that I can still shoot, after the last couple of years struggling.

Just prior to getting the 77, I finally got so disgusted with my old faithful Ballard Rifle and Cartridge High Wall that I sent it off for a re-barrel. Found a, in the white, 16 twist Badger and its going to replace the old Badger that has been on it for the last 18 years and 20K plus rounds. I guess I got my money's worth.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Woody

Post by Woody »

Gives me faith that I can still shoot, after the last couple of years struggling.

Just prior to getting the 77, I finally got so disgusted with my old faithful Ballard Rifle and Cartridge High Wall that I sent it off for a re-barrel. Found a, in the white, 16 twist Badger and its going to replace the old Badger that has been on it for the last 18 years and 20K plus rounds. I guess I got my money's worth.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Shooting at coins don't work Woody, I can't hit them either. Nice rifle and nice shooting Woody. That is an ugly bullet.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
Woody

Post by Woody »

Just returned from three days of shooting in Friendship. Didn't win anything but was satisfied with my shooting. Friday shot a 28 with the .22. Only 1 chicken will not get you in the winning circle. Ian shot a 34 to win the day.

Yesterday dawned with rain and it rained all day. Shooting the the new 77 in it's first safari, I knocked down 27 with only 1 chicken. I don't think I clearly saw a single target. Mark Finney, shooting his 74 Shiloh won the day with a 32 and six chickens.

Today dawned with clear skies and freezing temps. It was so cold that after my first first relay, it took 15 minutes for the pain to ease in my un-gloved shooting hand. High wind in the 25 ish MPH range and variable light caused some head scratching for most of us, but the 77 shot a 23 with only 2 chickens. Ian came through to win high score with a 29.

Even though my score with the 77 were not winning, I was well pleased both days, considering the conditions. I think she is a winner.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Nice work Woody, nothing builds confidence quite like knowing the gun and load are as good or better than the shooter. I've always felt I should know if I hit or miss, by where the sights are at the break, before actually viewing the target, because it means the gun and load were true and the error is mine alone !
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

There should be a nice article on the Shiloh 1877 in an upcoming issue of "Rifle" magazine. It is a great gun, good writer and an awesome owner...
Woody

Post by Woody »

Shot another Silhouette match today. Shot a 30 of 40. Happy camper. I'm liking the way this 77 is holding and shooting.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Still shooting the ‘77…

desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Does it have a titanium chamber?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

And breech block?
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

desert deuce wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:48 am Does it have a titanium chamber?
No, does yours?