Canadian looking for a good BPTR match

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

gunlaker

Canadian looking for a good BPTR match

Post by gunlaker »

Hi,

My wife and I have just bought a small travel trailer and I'm looking for a mid-range prone match to attend. A weekend with a combined long range match would also be nice, but to be honest, my wind reading skills at that distance are pretty much non-existent.

I'm on the west coast and I probably need to combine the trip with some interesting sights for my wife to see. Any of the western states would be nice.

Any suggestions on a well run match with good company? I can bring a supply of Makers Mark. :D

Chris.
Don McDowell

Re: Canadian looking for a good BPTR match

Post by Don McDowell »

Chris watch for the announcement on the dates of the Rocky Mtn regional match at Byers. If the regular procedure is followed, Friday will be the High Plains challenge match, just you and your rifle 3 strings of 10 at 1000 yds. Followed by the long range and mid range matches on Saturday and Sunday..
Great match.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
lefteye

Post by lefteye »

Chris,

Come to sunny Arizona and shoot at the World Class Ben Avery Range. Steve Rhoades is a great host and during the 3rd week in March there will be a 4 day
Creedmoor match.

Hope to see you there.

Klaus
keep smiling :D
Michael Johnson

Post by Michael Johnson »

Chris, Larry Basset at the Spokane Rifle Club puts on 300/ 600 yard match. Larry used to run the BPTR matches in Machias, WA till he moved to Spokane. The line at Spokane is split between BPTR and F class shooters but it seems to work well. Also, there are weekend matches at Rattlesnake ridge (down by Yakima). They shoot out to 1000 yards. "Opencountry" could tell you more about this. Mike in Seabeck, WA
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

Contact Chris Wakelin to get on his invitational list for the U.S. Canadian BPCR Silhouette shoot north of Two Hills, Alberta.
He has many other shoots on his CW Quarter Horse range as well.

Ann Wakelin <annsphoenix@gmail.com>

Contact Leo Bumphrey to get on the invitational list for the Canadian Shiloh Sharps BPCR Silhouette Match (July) at Bethune, Saskatchewan.

l.bumphrey@sasktel.net
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Thanks for the replies and information.

I'd love to go to the Creedmoor match in Arizona but i'm just not going to be ready with my new PP rifle by March unfortunately. Tuning my current load has completely stopped due to continuous torrential rainfall. Can anyone recommend a long range match a little later in the year?

I will keep an eye on the schedules at Byers for some midrange prone matches. I haven't been to Colorado and I think my wife would enjoy it too.

Chris.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Chris, they have the Rocky Mtn regional bptr match at Byers listed for starting around the 21 of August or there abouts.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Del

Post by Del »

Does anyone here have addresses for the Bethune and Two Hills rifle ranges. I'm trying to update my Google Earth Map on all the BPCR ranges. Also, if there are any webpages/facebook/whatever that are associated with the Canadian BPCR clubs or affiliations that I can link my webpage too?

Thanks
Del
Fortune Favors the Bold...
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Hells Gate Shooters at Missoula, MT puts on a two day long range match followed by a two day silhouette match. Camping on range, up in the mountains and a really fun match. I think mid august.

Uh, Gunlaker, it was Lincoln that said something about you can't fool all of the people all of the time? Seems like you won the Byers 1,000 yard match this year. Now, don't claim blind luck. Byers is not like that.

Besides, if you have a rifle and load that shoots that well at Byers it will shoot just fine at Phoenix in March, or are you afraid you will get sun burn?

Byers in Colorado is OK, but Denver is rapidly becoming Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

DD, check the date of the original post. Ooops!

p
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Del

Post by Del »

Desert Deuce, sorry for the confusion. I resurrected an old post from 2015 as they were kind of looking for the same info as I was. Sorry again for the confusion.
Fortune Favors the Bold...
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Should have known, Snake Hips told me about you.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

Steve Baldwin won the 1000 yard Championship at Byers BPTRA Nationals.

Second was Kenny Wasserburger

Third was Chris Lipton

KW
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
SchuetzenDave

Post by SchuetzenDave »

The Canadian Shiloh BPCR Invitational, the Saskatchewan Provincial BPCR, the Manitoba Provincial BPCR and the Bethune Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Matches are held at the BP range 6 miles Northeast of Bethune, Saskatchewan.

Len Volman handles the registration for these matches:
volman@sasktel.net

The CW (Chris Wakelin) Quarterhorse BPCR range 12 miles northeast of Two Hills, Alberta holds three or four shoots each summer.
Ann Wakelin handles the registration for these matches:
annsphoenix@gmail.com

There are a couple of BPCR shoots at the Big Knife range about an hour south of Camrose, Alberta.
Gerard Miazga handles the registration for these matches:

403-742-6053

And of course Chris you already know about the Heffley Creek, BC BPCR shoot.

Not aware of any long distance BP shooting in Western Canada other than the 600M, 700m and 800 M gongs at Heffley Creek.
gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Dave this is a post that I made 5 years ago :-).

Merry Christmas by the way :-).

Chris.