Trends in BPCR Long Range Shooting

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

gunlaker

Re: Trends in BPCR Long Range Shooting

Post by gunlaker »

Good luck Kenny! Let us know how it goes.

Chris.
Kenny Wasserburger

Post by Kenny Wasserburger »

It went well at least in Mid-Range.
[attachment=2]B0417D6F-B8AF-460A-A5F0-B21F086BC547.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=1]A6277331-5612-42A8-8A49-5528DBB98E8B.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=0]B5A0F2D0-4092-49AC-9CAF-E3F89362E87F.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=0]B5A0F2D0-4092-49AC-9CAF-E3F89362E87F.jpeg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter
Kenny Wasserburger

[attachment=1]3E80E8BE-8996-4B79-A307-1724846784BD.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=0]81E00D3F-A5F1-46F8-98ED-D1F5B07E24A0.jpeg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We'll raise up our Glasses against Evil Forces, Singing, Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses.

gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Nice shooting Kenny! And you did it in traditional style shooting PP bullets in a Sharps :-).

Chris.
Kenny Wasserburger

Another trend this year,

Our Jr Shooter Robert Garibay, won the Creedmoor Nationals, with Jimbo Terry spoting for him.

Kenny Wasserburger

Kenny Wasserburger

Perhaps the biggest News this year of 2019 is Robert Garibay forming our New BPTRA.

Hope to see many of you, May 5th at Byers Colorado for the inaugural Match of our New Association.

I hope this is a trend that will reverse our BPTR woes.

Kenny Wasserburger

Kenny Wasserburger

The BPTRA Nationals were a successful enjoyable 3 days of long range.

The match results can be found on the BPTRA web site.

Byers Colorado will be a great fit for long range Bpcr for years to come, the NRA competitions have not only dropped the ball on Target rifle they threw it away.

Luckily, enough dedicated shooters, have stepped up to the plate and made lemonade out of the lemon we were handed.

The last day of competition was the 1000 yard National Championship, Match Winner was Steve Baldwin, second overall was a Paper Patch shooter out of Wyoming.

We all experienced some strange dirt digger shots, then right back in the scoring rings without any change on the sights. Warm and cold air bands seems to be the logical reason behind this.

I couldn’t find the 1000 yard final day results on the website.

Kenny Wasserburger.

Kenny Wasserburger

I would like to strongly suggest anyone wishing to shoot long Range BPTR, consider joining the BPTRA.
Our home range is at Byers Colorado Rifle club and is a tremendous facility.

Both long range and midrange events are scheduled for 2021.

Hope to see you there.

KW

40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Shooting mid range at Cheyenne along side Cody Smith, Kenny Wasserburger, Bryan Youngberg, Robert Garibay, Don McDowell and other Long range shooters from the Mountain West area, really helped me get ready for the 1000 BPTRA National Championships last Fall. At the match I had Youngberg and McDowell shooting or spotting next to me. I did a lot of eves dropping and this helped me when I spotted for Brian Haffey for his win of the Marksman/Sharpshooter title. Attending the mid range and creedmoor, long range, matches is one the best things I did last summer. Give it a try. Just don't camp next to Youngberg.
Dick
Glen Ring

Post by Glen Ring »

Dick
I sent the Pyrodex load data to you in an e-mail. I don't know if you received it or not. drop me a line if you need more info.
There are those that talk, and those that act. Make a choice.
Kenny Wasserburger

Dick,

I think someone is trying to throw you not under a bus, but more like a semi. :roll:

KW

DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

beating_a_dead_horse1.gif

The horses name was Pyrodex.

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Dick don't forget about Worland coming up the first weekend in June.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

Don, you are absolutely correct. I did forget about Worland. Long time match and outstanding venue with a great crew running the match. We are fortunate to live out here in God's country where the problem isn't finding a great match, it's trying to decide which one's to go to.

Kenny, I have been under the semi for some time on this forum. I speak my mind and don't care what others say, whether it is about this thing or any other. Some want to listen to those who know what the f**k they are doing and others just run off the mouth, have the my way or no way attitude or take their toys and go home. It's too bad because there is a large vault of information that can be used by shooters on this forum, not just a podium for the only way is the way I want to do it. You just have sift through the bull**it.

I'm getting ready to go to another great match a Smithmoor tomorrow. Yes it will be 25 degrees and snow, about 2-3 inches coming down during the match but we are shooting come hell, high water or Covid plague. A BPCR silhouette match next Saturday and a third match the next Saturday. No problem finding a .22 BPCRA match, BPCR Silhouette or a fun off hand match here. Be out at the Cheyenne range to get loads worked up for my new Shiloh 45-90 after Christmas, then the loads for the new 45-90 barrel for the CPA done by Mike Lewis.

Okay so I gone and pissed off some folks again, oh well..............

Dick
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Dick hold center and squeeze the trigger
Sounds like you’ve got a good month lined up
Saw ya after ice out this spring
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?