Glock43 whoas

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

mdeland

Glock43 whoas

Post by mdeland »

I picked up my first plastic black gun last winter and of course had to learn how to work on the polymer wonder so started by polishing the trigger bar parts, installing a Ghost Pro connector, added tritium night sights and Talon grip panels. That improved the shootabiliy of the gun but I really could not get used to the hooked plastic trigger with the vertical ridges .
Ordered an apex trigger and it would not work with the G-43 trigger bars so sold that to a friend and ordered a new Gen 3 trigger and trigger bar set that was supposed to work and doesn't fit either.
So in desperation I made one out of aluminum yesterday copying the best of both trigger features and eureka, it actually works and resets faster than the factory job. I did not put the trigger block in the prototype until I found out if it would work so will have to make another with the trigger block safety.
I sure like the little gun as it is accurate, very small for concealed carry and in 9mm packs some real power with modern hollow points.
I never thought I would ever be a Glock owner but the little gun has found a home with a guy who does not care for the polymer wonders as a rule. :lol:
OLReliable

Re: Glock43 whoas

Post by OLReliable »

Blow tubing or wiping between shots?
wyyyyyyy.... iiiyyyyyy ....awwwtttuh
OLR ..... out
Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe »

OLReliable wrote:Blow tubing or wiping between shots?
Paper patched
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Polygonal rifle............. jacketed only with factory barrel. One of the best for a single stack hide out gun that will go in a pocket or an inside belt holster for our ever increasing social danger .
Actually it was the Texas church shooting last year that finally convinced me of the need to be ready any where any time to stop a nut job from killing innocent folks. For that scenario one needs a weapon that is very reliable, concealable and potent enough to get the job done without over kill.
And the most important of all, to get certified training to learn how when a where to use it!
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Hmmm, Lethal Tupperware? Throw it in the dishwasher, add soap, rinse in hot water. Blow dry with hair dryer.

Recall an incident wherein a plain clothes law enforcement officer was in a public toilet, used the urinal, zipped up his pants and as he hitched up his beltline in front his glock 9mm in his left waistband discharged. The bullet entered his upper left thigh and lodged next to his knee cap. During the aftermath, which involved a cash settlement without going to trial, it was discovered that such events were not unusual. :( :oops: :oops:

Have seen a Glock 19 discharge while being reholstered during requalification when the trigger was activated by the thumb snap on the holster. :shock: Visibly modified the holster, fortunately no serious injuries. :roll:

etc, etc, etc, etc, Yep, they are accurate and very durable. Shooters raised on and thoroughly familiar with revolvers seem to require a lot of transition time with an unloaded pistol. Then, practice, practice, practice. :wink:

I do not own one.
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
beltfed

Post by beltfed »

I do have a Glock 23, double stack, 40 cal compact with CT. Its good for house gun
but large to carry esp in summer.

Personally, I prefer my Kahr Arms CM9 or CM40..
Only 16-17 oz. Single stack, no "tricky trigger" - just a good smooth
long pull trigger kind of like a DA revolver.
I also like their "bar-dot" sights. Accurate, to, and with conventional rifling
so I can shoot cast bullet loads for practice.

Or for "go to meet'n gun" a SW Bodyguard 380. only 11 oz and only
3/4" thick that disappears into the pocket.-Corbin 90 gr at 1050fps.
beltfed/arnie
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I was shocked to hear and question that Glock currently has something like 60 percent of the LEO market in the US and just about got the military which finally went to SIG (which will fire when dropped a certain way).
I personally don't like to carry one up the spout in any semi-auto although do so in my heavy revolvers (my preference) routinely.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

The Kar , S&W Shield, small Sig and Walthers are all making high end single stack guns that are in 9mm Parabellum that used to be the domain of the .380 which is pretty anemic compared to the 9x19.
With current bullets and loaded ammo available I've read the 9 x 19 is fully as lethal as the venerable 45 acp in all it's social ammo forms which I questioned for years.
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

Just get a small X frame S&W. Easy to carry and conceal. Positively will stop an aggressor. :wink: :roll:

x frame.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

I needed to take a CC class when I got the Glock on safety training. I have never had an AD with a revolver in over 40 years but have had with asemi-auto.
With a Colt Woodsman I had distended out of battery, but not removed a loaded magazine, visually checked the unloaded chamber, closed the slide, pressing the magazine to batter with a audible click, pointing away and down ward to drop the striker and BAM. It had picked up the top round from the distended magazine, out of battery.
One needs to have their subconscious as well as conscious mind trained in safety with an unfamiliar arm, in my opinion.
A couple of formed habits will just about eliminate all semi-auto accidents.
1. Always remove slide completely when safety checking and arm when picking one up or being handed one.
2. A favorite of mine is always rack a slide at least twice when doing a safety check, when picking up or being handed a semi-auto.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

In # 1, I meant to say, always remove the magazine not slide.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

I've owned a G-22 for many years-good gun.
My wife carries a Glock on her job as Northrop/Grumman Security.
I trust the gun, and she is one of the top shooters in her special response team.
ME-I still carry a 1911 in .45acp. :D
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Woody

Post by Woody »

Colt, Series 80 Officer's in 45. Always carried in condition one. I bit heavy, but I have no doubt it will do the job if called upon.

Woody
Last edited by Woody on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Yeah, I have a series 80 Colt as well but wanted something that was easier to conceal . The G43 was just what the Dr. ordered for my purpose, much smaller and about half the weight.
Great little gun for the gals smaller hands although the recoil may be a bit ambitious for them in such a light gun.
JeffFaldo

Post by JeffFaldo »

The Glock will not fire unless the trigger is pulled. It's a striker fired action so if the trigger is pulled by something other than your finger it will still fire. So it's a little different than other pistols we my be used to it's still extremely reliable and safe when used properly. Gotta say I open carry a 1911 condition 1 sometimes and that freaks out even seasoned gun owners regularly and my Glock 26 never usually draws a second look.