my 1877 is ready - Bill called

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

craigos

my 1877 is ready - Bill called

Post by craigos »

Bill Goodman called me, my 4/2014 ordered 1877 in 45-90 is in his hands. My FFL is out hunting, back next week so will post pics when its here. :)
Lumpy Grits

Re: my 1877 is ready - Bill called

Post by Lumpy Grits »

ROAD TRIP :P
LOTS of pictures, PLZ :!:
Bet the clock has stopped :lol:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Sweet! What Gary said! :lol:

Cheers!

Wade

PS

Funny how that scheduling works, I had put my deposit in on 2/2014. Mine is going into production and mine is starting. Not complaining, the waiting/excitement is half the fun. Gonna be awesome when it gets here!

I think one of the things that slowed my order down is that I put a deposit on my slot and did not fully spec out the rifle. Thought that was done when your slot came due. Don’t work quite that way. I was told that when a rifles slot comes up if it is not specs out they will grab the next one in line that is ready to go. I found this out late in the game so probably got bumped back a few slots. NBD, getting built now and I’m suuuuuper excited!
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

craigos wrote:Bill Goodman called me, my 4/2014 ordered 1877 in 45-90 is in his hands. My FFL is out hunting, back next week so will post pics when its here. :)
Maybe i will go over to his house and look at it. Mine is still in pieces, but hopefully will be hunting Antelope with it soon. Mine was ordered November 2013, I got most of the guys beat with that date, but it still is in the finishing room...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Doh! Just dawned on me the reason for the order/build date discrepancy. I forgot, or overlooked, the fact that you “ordered” the rifle through Mr Goodman. You were actually buying a production slot that was in reality somewhere up the chain from me. So it all makes sense now. Sorry if I generated and confusion or angst with my previous comment as I know”deliveries” really got some parties panties in a bunch. Don’t want to go there again. :roll:

Cheers!

Wade
Smoke Wagon

Post by Smoke Wagon »

Kirk Stovall wrote:Mine was ordered November 2013, I got most of the guys beat with that date, but it still is in the finishing room...
I've seen some pretty good pranks on here by old friends.

I bet MLV called in some favors with Shiloh to s-l-o-w your order down...
craigos

Post by craigos »

My FFL is travelling, back 10/12 and Bill will send out ~ 10/15 ... giddy Should have pics next week
craigos

Post by craigos »

[quote="Trigger1212"]Sweet! What Gary said! :lol:

Cheers!

Wade

PS

Funny how that scheduling works, I had put my deposit in on 2/2014. Mine is going into production and mine is starting. Not complaining, the waiting/excitement is half the fun. Gonna be awesome when it gets here!

I think one of the things that slowed my order down is that I put a deposit on my slot and did not fully spec out the rifle. Thought that was done when your slot came due. Don’t work quite that way. I was told that when a rifles slot comes up if it is not specs out they will grab the next one in line that is ready to go. I found this out late in the game so probably got bumped back a few slots. NBD, getting built now and I’m suuuuuper excited![/quote]

So my schedule was

1) Deposit sent to Bill Goodman 4/2014
2) Lucinda calls me that my gun is starting 5/2018
3) Bill calls me the gun is in his house and looks gorgeous - he said it was his 3rd and serial number is like 005x.

My build specs

- 1877 Number #1 - single trigger
- Rigby rib, flared panels, AAA wood , bone case hardened, 1/2" extra LOP (and make gun to NRA weight)
- 45-90
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

A couple of shooters at the BPTR match in Raton last week were shooting their brand new Shiloh 1877s. I don't see how anyone who is getting one could possibly be unhappy with it. They were both beautiful rifles and the fit and finish was truly exceptional.
craigos

Post by craigos »

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 ... exkurh.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd10 ... up2qwn.jpg

I cant get them to show the pictures the img tag doesnt seem to work.

Will take better pics in natural light as looks awesome in person. I had a 1/2" LOP added and still got a 32" barrel to make weight. Its gorgeous.
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
craigos

Post by craigos »

thank you
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

An 1874 or an 1877 what is their not to like if it is a Shiloh? Beautiful rifles masterfully made. Great customer service.
Dakota111

Post by Dakota111 »

I am a bit confused as how Shiloh produces their 1877's
My order date was 1/14, I did get a call from Lucinda saying they had sent me a letter
back in Aug but no reply. The letter was sent to an old address and I did inform them
of my new address in 2015 when I made a change in Cal.
I sent Shiloh a check the same day.
As of this writing I have not heard from Shiloh.

Enjoy yours and good shooting.

William L. Parker
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

William,
Give us a call so we can get it straight, we have had some issues with our local postal system here, anyways, don't wait.
I also am sending a P.M.

Kirk