Montana or Bust 2027

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Del

Re: Montana or Bust 2027

Post by Del »

[quote="BFD"]Well, it is a nice truck for a Dodge. But it's still a Dodge :) quote]

They (Chrysler/Daimler) tried to turn that negative around on the pickups by changing them to "Ram"... :o)

What they can't ram, they dodge!!
Fortune Favors the Bold...
45bpcr

Post by 45bpcr »

Ya know Smoke Wagon,

We had a "Car Show" at the shop last Sunday.
Here's some of the aluminum and carbon fiber that showed up.

Your truck floats my boat and I'd take it over any of the imported alloy I have to deal with :-)

Except for the McLaren, or the Diesel Landrover.

Driving the Lotus is kinda like strapping a skate board to yer @ss

You have a beautiful ride.

Craig
DSC_5522.JPG
DSC_5524.JPG
DSC_5531.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live Free or Die, Death is not the worst of Evils
Perentie

Post by Perentie »

I like the look of that Power Wagon too.
Is that your Green Land Rover in the back ground of the flash fleet.?
Pleased to see not all Americans bag Landies :D
Here is my daily drive, one of several diesel landies in our fleet. None later than 92 before all this electricery stuff.
ImageIMG_2267[1] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/141809689@N05/]
Smoke Wagon

Post by Smoke Wagon »

Wow, as usual thanks for all of the responses and funny comments.

Apologies in advance, that's not my truck. Mine is a beat up Ferd with well over 100,000 miles on it.
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

[quote="Smoke Wagon"
Mine is a beat up Ferd with well over 100,000 miles on it.[/quote]

That would make it easier to sneak in......
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

Hey, that's a nicely tricked out Series I Land Rover. What year did it start out as? My daily driver is a 1967 109 Land Rover. Been driving it for over 40 years. It's been across the "Divide" into Montana many times, but seldom on the pavement.

George
Salmon, Idaho
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

George Babits wrote:Hey, that's a nicely tricked out Series I Land Rover. What year did it start out as? My daily driver is a 1967 109 Land Rover. Been driving it for over 40 years. It's been across the "Divide" into Montana many times, but seldom on the pavement.

George
Salmon, Idaho
Where do you finds parts in the USA for your LR :?:
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
Perentie

Post by Perentie »

George Babits wrote:Hey, that's a nicely tricked out Series I Land Rover. What year did it start out as? My daily driver is a 1967 109 Land Rover. Been driving it for over 40 years. It's been across the "Divide" into Montana many times, but seldom on the pavement.

George
Salmon, Idaho
Its a 1958, the last of the series ones before series two came along.
You made a comment about my 1950 Tickford Station Wagon a few years back :D
Really pleased to hear you are still getting good use from your 67. There seems to be a few of you" over there" restoring and enjoying them.
I bought my first, a 1963 ex Ambulance from Woomera Rocket Range ,in 1967, and have been driving them ever since.
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

Garry: I get my parts mostly from Rovers North in Vermont. Not much trouble getting most anything i need. I think there are a couple of other suppliers as well, but not sure they are still in business.

Perinte: Yes, I remember that Tickford; I just don't remember names much. I bought that 1967 in Casper, Wyoming, in 1978. Never undertook any sort of "restoration" like everyone seems to want to do now. I figure if I ironed out all the dents and restored it to "new" I wouldn't want to get any bashes on it and it would be reduced to a "show" car. Pretty useless for me. It originally had a 6 cylinder and I fought that for 10 years and finally put in a 4 banger. It is, and always has been, a real workhorse. I keep it safe and running well but doubt I'd ever try to restore it. I think I got my first Land Rover in 1966 and at one time I have 4 of them. One's enough for me now, but I always keep my eyes open for a "barn find."

George
Salmon, Idaho
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Thank you George.
G.
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

Have you got one too Gary? I know Palmdale. Spent a year at Antelope Valley JC back in the '60s. Worked at the Big Pines Ranger Station on the Angeles Crest for several years before escaping to the north. Had a lot of friends in Palmdale and worked at McMahns Furniture store there in Palmdale between Forest Circus jobs.

George
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

No I don't.
I do till drive my 1985 Jeep, CJ-7.
Belong to the local Jeep club here.
Have 2 granddaughters, that graduated from AVC as EMT'S.
G.
Perentie

Post by Perentie »

Jeeps are good too Gary.
Did you know that the first Land Rovers came about because Jeeps were such useful things that Rover in GB copied the good bits and made what became the Land Rover back in 1948.
Sort of Hijacking the thread here but it may be of interest.
George, I only restore ones that are wrecked. If the body etc is sound I like to leave them as is. Much like old guns.
Here is a 1950 much as is except I put a bigger Land Rover diesel engine in it. Gary might see the resemblance to his Jeep. :)

Image. by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/141809689@N05/]
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

Yup-I do :wink:
G.
George Babits

Post by George Babits »

Yes, if I remember right the original frames of the first few, or maybe prototypes, were actually salvaged jeep frames. Seems like I read that somewhere. I've never figured out how to post a picture or I'd post one of my 109. I have thought about converting to diesel, but it is cold enough int he winter to be a pain in the rear. I have a Dodge power wagon with a 354 Perkins diesel in it and it doesn't like really cold weather much. A friend in England who was a truck drive said they used that engine in their 1.5 ton lorries.

George