Traveling with loaded cartridges

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

rebsr52339

Traveling with loaded cartridges

Post by rebsr52339 »

A couple lines background info. I have a friend who lives in Kila Mt., John King, some of you may know. In 2016 I traveled to Missoula and as anyone who was at the match in August; it was "quite" Smokey. I did not shoot my gun, iron sights, and shot John's gun with a scope. The trip for me was 5240 miles up and back. A great time. When I got home I had a few hundred rounds not shot. I do not travel with the heads in the cases. I shot them off during the winter and noticed the group size had doubled in most cases, 2.5 max at 200 yds. to 5 or 6 inches and 4.6 inches at 300M to over 8 inches at that range. I was just scratching my head. Well the 2018 season was upon us and it was somewhat forgotten. I loaded up for the August match again and traveled out to Missoula. I had a friend fly in and because of some serious health issues with him did not shoot in the match. Back home, and the same thing happened again with the loaded rounds. QUESTION: When some of you fellows who travel long distances how do you prep your ammo? I shoot straight black 2F with .125 compression.
Thank you for ANY input and will let you know what I find out.
rebsr52339

Re: Traveling with loaded cartridges

Post by rebsr52339 »

Don't know why it posted twice. Only pushed the button once. Moderator you can delete one of them.
rebsr52339

Re: Traveling with loaded cartridges

Post by rebsr52339 »

In the original post it was 2017, not 2016. My goof.

Dick