the single trigger is excellent and traditional no need for double sets art
parkergunz

Re: A Good Year For The 1877

Post by parkergunz »

Mine consistantly breaks at 3#. Very crisp... no creep. :D
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

art ruggiero wrote:the single trigger is excellent and traditional no need for double sets art
It is also how the original was made. Double set shouldn't be allowed...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I just ordered my '77 today with a single trigger. Lucinda assured me they are crisp and good to go when Kirk gets done with them. I shoot in the N-SSA where a 3lb minimum is the rule so I'm used to single triggers. I placed 2nd in the senior skirmisher category match this fall beating out 100 other shooters.

I just ordered my Shiloh I won in GA early this month. My free rifle will cost me about another $1300. I think they count on that. Many thanks to Shiloh for supporting some of our regional shoots.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Woody

Post by Woody »

I went with the double trigger option. I know it's not original, but hey, it's my rifle. Still waiting though.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
Trigger1212

Post by Trigger1212 »

Kirk

I went just the opposite of your path. I already have a 45-70 so why not just stick with it?

Then got to thinking that this will primarily be a silly-wette rifle with a fair amount of shots fired and with the help of some fellows on this forum and by talking toKirk and handling his rifle at an MRA convention I talked myself into the 40-65 option.

I really like the 45-70 for hunting but will probably have another Shiloh built just for that. It will probably be a 77 also!

Wade
Kirk Stovall

Post by Kirk Stovall »

Trigger1212 wrote:Kirk

I went just the opposite of your path. I already have a 45-70 so why not just stick with it?

Then got to thinking that this will primarily be a silly-wette rifle with a fair amount of shots fired and with the help of some fellows on this forum and by talking toKirk and handling his rifle at an MRA convention I talked myself into the 40-65 option.

I really like the 45-70 for hunting but will probably have another Shiloh built just for that. It will probably be a 77 also!

Wade
That is why I went back and forth on that. I have 2 40-65's in Winchester 1886s and thought that might be the way to go, but in the end, I am glad I did choose the 45-70...
PROUD MEMBER #2 OF THE BRENT DANIELSON FAN CLUB!