Just Thinking.......

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Jim Kidwell

Just Thinking.......

Post by Jim Kidwell »

With the popularity of 22BPCR, why not expand that venue to include “22BPTR”? At the SE Regional this year we had one day devoted to a 22 mid range match.
This was using reduced 200, 300 and 600 Yard (SR, SR-42 and MR-52) targets all shot at the 200 Yard line and using BPTR rules. Everyone seemed to enjoy this, as there was no loading ammo and no moving equipment around, yet it was very challenging. I can visualize, at the Nationals, a two-day 22BPCRA aggregate followed by a two-day 22BPTRA aggregate. Using your 200 Meter sight setting from silhouette, you would be on paper at the 200 Yard line on the Tubb range. In .22, it would be approx. a three minutes lower setting..... Just thinking............
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Woody

Re: Just Thinking.......

Post by Woody »

I enjoyed the match that Kidwell put on in Georgia last month. I would enjoy doing it again. Scores were higher than I expected to see them.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Jim's hitting the single malt again. All kidding aside I enjoyed the 22 target match in GA. It was challenging but rewarding and as Woody said the scores were higher than expected. My unexplained miss did me in. You just can't give up 10 points to the quality of shooters at the S.E. Reg. I do think Clarence should put a hammer on that Martini next year.

Jim, I think it is a good idea, now someone should pick up on the idea and see what it would take to make it work.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

Cody Smith has been running a paper target as a 5th target in his matches for quite some time.
Bryan Youngberg ran a 22 creed moor match in conjunction with his matches a few times.
Both instances have proved popular amongst shooters.
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
jwhill

Post by jwhill »

Had a ball shooting .22 at those targets, looking forward to doing it again.....
NMLRA Past President and current BOD member