Parker Hale 1861 Carbine

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

paulk

Parker Hale 1861 Carbine

Post by paulk »

This isn't Sharps related, but I'm hoping someone out there has some suggestions.
I have a Parker Hale 1861 Carbine muzzleloader. The lock parts are worn out and I'm in need of a sear, tumbler, and bridle for it.
The gun is from mid 1990's, and has some Italian parts on it. All the lock pieces are stamped PH.
Does anyone know of any current replacement parts available that I can buy to repair that will "drop in"?
I found several sights where I can get 1853 Enfield repro parts of different makers. I have found two sights in the UK that have original Enfield parts for sale.
I just dont know if any of the available replacement parts will fit. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Paul
John Bly

Re: Parker Hale 1861 Carbine

Post by John Bly »

You probably should ask this on the North-South Skirmish site. There would probably be someone familiar with your firearm and suggest sources for you to find parts.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Dixie Gun Works?
Tom Trevor

Post by Tom Trevor »

Forget Dixie nothing but c--p. Google VTI gun parts they have parts for almost any replica arm.
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Buddy looking for a Whitworth can you make recommendations
JRV

Post by JRV »

I have a 1861 real Parker Hale musketoon repro made by Parker Hale in the early 70's. New in the box with certification, sgt take down tool unfired except for original English proof. 100% condition. If anyone is interested send me a personel message.
JRV

Post by JRV »

I have a 1861 real Parker Hale musketoon repro made by Parker Hale in the early 70's. New in the box with certification, sgt take down tool unfired except for original English proof. 100% condition. If anyone is interested send me a personel message.
paulk

Post by paulk »

ChrisF-
Have him try some of the Sutlers that sell Civil War repro arms and uniforms. I've just seen repros for sale, never an original Whitworth.