Silhouette Score Reports

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

powderburnt

Silhouette Score Reports

Post by powderburnt »

Have any of you match directors received official notice from the NRA of the forth coming changes to reporting scores and record keeping? According to the Steel Chickens Forum, books are about to be replaced with classification cards for each discipline. I received notice that our BGC registered match is approved but haven't received papers and books yet.

HG
Del

Re: Silhouette Score Reports

Post by Del »

While there hasn't been much information put out about this, it was discussed a little bit at the shooters meeting at Raton last year. The young fellow from the NRA was pushing to move the BPCR format to be like the High Power Silhouette format. He said it would be easier for them to administer. I suggested that we change the High Power guys to like us but that wasn't very well received. :D

I also questioned the fact that many, if not most, of the matches that I shoot require a book for score keeping but are not Registered or even Approved NRA matches. We use the books to record these matches but at the bottom of the page it states, "Record scores from sanctioned NRA Match only" or something like that which isn't really a big deal as we track what is going on for ourselves but not necessarily for the NRA and what they don't know, doesn't hurt them. Right??

If the classification book goes away and the NRA gets a strangle hold on the scoring/classification system, the match directors duties will change considerably. Scoring sheets will have to be turned in religiously at a minimum.

Which to me is something I don't want to see. The classification books work just fine and the NRA is less than timely about sorting out classifications and such. I received my classification for shooting at the Long Range Creedmoor event in 2016 at Raton about a month ago. I received my Mid Range classification card about 2 years after my first event and I'm not sure nor do I have confidence that any of the scores that I have shot since at any of the Long and Midrange events have been documented with the NRA. And how would a person know when the classification cards come 2 to 3 years after a match is shot.

Anyway, I haven't seen anything other that the ideas they kicked around at the Shooter's Meeting last year at Raton.
Fortune Favors the Bold...
Maj. Forrest Smith

Post by Maj. Forrest Smith »

Our match director in OKC has announced there will no longer any score books starting this year (2019). It will be done all on the computer after the match is completed. She asked that we send a photo copy of the front cover of our 2018 score book and the page with our recorded score to start entering them the computer scoring system to get our classification cards.
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

Guys, it is a done deal. The books are no more. Match directors were sent a letter a couple of weeks ago outlining the changes.

Quoting Aaron Farmer, Deputy Director of Competitions:

"I am no longer requiring the jury report form. Match directors can send their grand slam reports and stats in at the same time. I am also good on receiving the stats electronically for the approved matches.

Score record books will continue to be used until classification cards are issued out."

Thanks,

Aaron"

In the meantime, they're asking for copies of your 2018 book be sent to them. Shoot a photo of the front page and each page that has scores on it, and send to tournrpts@nrahq.org.

Thanks,

Jeanne

PS: I tried to attach a copy of the letter, but the photo was too large and a pdf won't attach.
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

I received my packet from the NRA today concerning the approved BPCR matches at our club and as Jeanne said, " It's a done deal". Well except for getting all the info into the data base and that won't happen til every one gets their scores and contact info sent in from the previous year. I wonder why not send the current classification and the two high scores from the 2018 season? I shoot several silhouette disciplines so I think I'll give Aaron a call and see if that would be acceptable.
The letter also states that shooters should use last years books for score keeping til they receive their classification cards.
I'll let ya'll know when I get an answer if current class and two highest scores with contact are enough info for cards to be issued.

HG
Woody

Post by Woody »

Well that's an interesting turn of events. OR That's another fine mess you've got us into Ollie. Time will tell.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

Here is what the electronic report looks like.
Click on this.
http://www.steelchickens.com/forums/dow ... hp?id=4185

HG
powderburnt

Post by powderburnt »

I spoke with Aaron this morning and it's okay to send just your two highest scores and classification from last year with NRA # and contact info for input in the data base or, send the scores for the last two years if you want and those will be entered.

HG
rdnck

Post by rdnck »

And the NRA train wreck continues. rdnck
Chairman, Phd
Caddo Lake Chapter
FES
Charter Member FBASS

Charter Member OGANT
S & B Morris

Post by S & B Morris »

Just Curious.....

We got the letter from the NRA a couple of weeks ago announcing the change regarding scorebooks. The letter states that when the match director submits the scores & match report to NRA Tournament Reporting (TR) the scores will be entered into the database. Quote "Then TR will print classification cards to send out every two weeks. This will be on the same schedule as our other disciplines". Unquote

My question is....has anyone who shoots target (or any other discipline) ever actually received their classification within the promised two week timeframe? I guess I'm skeptical because I've heard a lot of shooters talk about having the same experiences that Del spoke about. Lost, late or not at all. Also, next year they plan on adding a "small fee" per shooter for NRA approved matches. So instead of $13 a year for a scorebook, we have to ask our shooters to pay $35 a year to the NRA to shoot the 10 monthly matches we put on ($3.50 per shooter per match is what I'm told the target guys pay). Seems like the NRA is the only winner in this.

Or am I missing something?
Beth
"Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
BFD

Post by BFD »

Beth, I got my classifications for long range and midrange about that fast. That was a while back, but it worked fine for me then.
Del

Post by Del »

There's still the question about non-NRA Registered matches. How do we track those scores?
DeadEye

Post by DeadEye »

Del,

Would this work? After you take a picture of the front cover for the record then cross out the year, 2018, and keep on using it until it's full. That would take quite a while for most folks. Then when they start to fill up go to a local printer and have some made to your liking. That is what we have done. From what I read unless it is a registered match the NRA will not be recording those scores. Correct me if I'm wrong. This then begs the question how do scores shot at a non-registered match get treated in terms of moving up in classification. If you're going to shoot a Master score you better save it for a registered match otherwise you don't have a means of getting credit for it. Kind of makes things simple for them doesn't it?

Paul
"My heroes have always been cowboys and they still are it seems."
Jeanne Ring

Post by Jeanne Ring »

DeadEye wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:49 am From what I read unless it is a registered match the NRA will not be recording those scores.[/b] Correct me if I'm wrong
Approved match scores will also be recorded.
Del

Post by Del »

The NRA has a stranglehold on the matches this way. Even if you shoot master scores in nonregistered or nonapproved matches you will get no credit as they have control over the classifications and even if we track them in our old books they won't jump our classifications unless they got the scores. Not sure how a match director puts shooters in the correct class at the start of a normal monthly match unless they have access to the NRA database at the range??? When I shoot with the high power guys they don't really track scores until after the match. They don't have a sheet up on the wall to write your scores on like we do. They publish the results later sorted out by class and keep a running score sheet on all the matches for the year. They email it each month.

This kind of really sucks...