Inventory room

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Skywagon

Re: Inventory room

Post by Skywagon »

The road trip sounds fun and is something I’d like to do with my son in the future. If just having a rifle shipped gets a reaction, then what I did today may border sacrilege. First Stop gun shop in Rapid City is one of my must stop locations and it is where I bought my first Shiloh rifle. A business model in 45-70. I sold it today at a local gun show in Palmer to off set the cost of this new rifle that is being shipped. I must say that I do have a strong feeling of sellers remorse. That rifle was a known quantity and shot great.
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

These dang Shiloh's are about like lay's potato chips,, you can't have just one. :)
Gunshop trip, First Stop in Rapid, TNT in Gilette, Sportslure in Buffalo, and a days worth of browsing in Cody. Follow up with a night at the Grand in Big Timber, visit the Fort,and then up the street to Mecca (aka Shiloh) :)
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
Skywagon

Post by Skywagon »

Powder, caliber, wads and bullets. I’ve received advice about all. But that road map just described, well I’d say unequivocally is the best advice I’ve received. A true treasure hunt.
Thanks
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

The gun library in Billings Cabela's used to have some good stuff, but not sure how that is now that the Dollar General of sporting goods world bought em out. The one at Sidney sure isn't worth the trouble.
johnl

Post by johnl »

Don McDowell wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:05 pm These dang Shiloh's are about like lay's potato chips,, you can't have just one. :)
Gunshop trip, First Stop in Rapid, TNT in Gilette, Sportslure in Buffalo, and a days worth of browsing in Cody. Follow up with a night at the Grand in Big Timber, visit the Fort,and then up the street to Mecca (aka Shiloh) :)
Hey Don, isn’t Cody museum closed for renovations? I was going to head down in April but I read the museum won’t be open till summer :roll: Well maybe I’ll wait until Sept when the kids are back to school and the interstate is not a parking lot.
BFD

Post by BFD »

Cody is right around the corner from Shiloh... :?
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

John pretty sure the museum is open, but I think they are in the process of remodeling the gun side of it.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

The Museum of the Fur Trade in Chadron, NE is a very good museum with lots of plains and trade rifles. Makes you want to go straight up to Cody and Big Timber.

https://www.furtrade.org/
Don McDowell

Post by Don McDowell »

The Hardware store in Chadron has a pretty decent gun shop too.
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

Lucinda called Friday afternoon concerning a re-barrel being completed. So a road trip is in order tomorrow morning. Round trip for me is a about 4 hours. A stop at The Fort and lunch in Big Timber adds another hour.
Skywagon

Post by Skywagon »

Yes, Ibought a 1898 Krag at the hardware store in Chadron about 15 yds ago.
Lumpy Grits

Post by Lumpy Grits »

parkergunz wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:34 am Lucinda called Friday afternoon concerning a re-barrel being completed. So a road trip is in order tomorrow morning. Round trip for me is a about 4 hours. A stop at The Fort and lunch in Big Timber adds another hour.
You had better post up pictures :!: :lol:
The Fort is a cool place........
Gary
"Hav'n you along, is like loose'n two good men"
johnl

Post by johnl »

Don McDowell wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 pm John pretty sure the museum is open, but I think they are in the process of remodeling the gun side of it.

Thanks Don, first time I was there Warren the curator invited me in his office, me nobody :lol: Gave me a pair of white gloves to put on. Then he let me gently fondle a highly decorated winchester 94 that Ronald Regan owned. Next time I went down it was behind glass.
MLV

Post by MLV »

Before last September, I had never looked at the Shiloh inventory on this website. About then I started thinking I wanted another .45-70 Roughrider, 30" heavy so I would have identical rifles when traveling to matches. So I looked for the first time and BINGO there was exactly what I wanted. I called Lucinda and said I'd be over in about an hour. That new Shiloh shoots the same load as my '06 Roughrider.

Sometimes I get very lucky!
MLV
Beware the man with one rifle. He may not have enough interest in it to be competent!
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Good for you MVL or whatever.... :wink: :wink: ...................
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………