Inventory room

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

Skywagon

Re: Inventory room

Post by Skywagon »

I was able to retrieve my rifle after work today. I used Great Northern Guns for the transfer,always a nice place to stop in Anchorage. No footprints on the packaging and everything was 100% intact. I’m hoping to get to the range this Fri.
Gerry
bobw

Post by bobw »

Glad to hear you got it in ONE piece, that doesn't all ways happen . Load some ammo gather your range equipment, put 1 good (really good beer ) in the range bag. When you are done shooting and have cleaned and oiled your new gun finish the break in procedure with the really good beer. It's for you not the bore. Somethings insist on being done right. bobw
bobw
BFD

Post by BFD »

bob knows... ;)
bobw

Post by bobw »

Yeah Brent, sometimes I actually do...... :lol: bobw
bobw
Skywagon

Post by Skywagon »

I can do that. I don’t want to ask what constitutes a really good beer. buffalocannon there is a local beer called Magnitude 9.2 that commemorates ‘the Big One’. The alcohol % matches the level of that quake. I think since there was a reference in this thread to that event I’ll go with that beer.
BFD

Post by BFD »

That will probably work :)
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Yeah, Great Northern Guns is a popular place for gun enthusiasts in AK. I'm down there regularly checking the used gun racks. Spent a wad of cash there over the last almost five decades.
The annual Christmas party there is a relished event, looked forward to each year by many.
bobw

Post by bobw »

Skywagon does anyone drink that Alaskan beer up there? I like their Amber, Winter and Spruce varieties with pizza or pasta. bobw
bobw
Skywagon

Post by Skywagon »

They make good beer. The Amber used to be the gold standard up here but that was 20 years ago. I’ve been told that it is a dying style now. IPAs seem to be on top as far as styles go. We are blessed with around 10 local breweries in Anchorage. Lots of choices and Alaskan gets consumed by lots of people. Although I haven’t had one of theirs in a long time.
Gerry