Don McDowell

Re: NRA Classification

Post by Don McDowell »

aw well more mystery from the chasm of the NRA competitions :lol:
AKA Donny Ray Rockslinger :?
BFD

Post by BFD »

Maybe, just maybe, shooting ANY NRA match refreshens your classifications in ALL matches. Maybe.

Since shooting up as many classes as I want is always doable, it makes no difference to me if the call me a B shooter the next time I'm out. I'll still shoot my class as I know it.
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Why do we insist that everything happen overnight. There are changes being made as we speak. As far as the recorded scores that are posted, they are only from NRA Approved, Registered and Sanctioned matches that were reported by the Match Directors. If you see something that is a mistake, contact the Silhouette Dept with your facts. You should get an answer. This is a big change from the past, when there was a big hole in communications. BTW, if you have well thought out suggestions, send them in. Patience.... :) .........
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
MLV

Post by MLV »

I thought we would need to send photos of 2018s scorebook in to get the new classification card. However, I got mine yesterday for scoped BPCR silhouette. And it was correct.
Beware the man with one rifle. He may not have enough interest in it to be competent!
TAA

Post by TAA »

Guys,

Dumb question time.

I go to fun matches about 3-hours north of me. They don't run a clock and the matches are not NRA sanctioned. I decided to attend a NRA BPCR silhouette match at the Moffet range near Bismark In 2012, mainly so I could get an NRA classification. This was so if I ever got into this a little deeper I'd at least have a classification and be inserted into Master class. I actually thought I'd make to Raton someday.

Is what is being discussed above something I should be concerned about or should I just bring the scorebook I got in 2012 with me to that next match down the road?

Thanks!

Tom
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

MVL (or what ever),
Hopefully you'll get up to AAA this year and get a new card. I have faith in you. :wink: :wink: ...................
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
bryany

Post by bryany »

Tom, bring your book to your next NRA match, they'll work with it.

Bryan
“I wonder if God created man because He was disappointed with the monkey.” Mark Twain
Jim Kidwell

Post by Jim Kidwell »

Tom,
Your next NRA match you will be starting all over and be placed in the Master Class Unlisted. Don't worry about how you are classed. If you shoot anywhere near a Master Class score, I guarantee you will be noticed. We put too much emphasis on how we are classed. I guess it is an ego thing. The big goal is shooting, developing new friends and learning from each other. I personally think competition is the cats meow, even though the cats seem to out shoot me. :lol: :lol: :wink: FWIW...................
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

Speaking of classifications and scores, I was reviewing my scores for the last 3 years at Raton. Although I’m a AAA shooter and have been for since 2016 at the local NRA sanctioned matches around central Texas, last year I finally shot a AA score at Raton. At my current rate of improvement it’ll take me another 3yrs to make a AAA score at Raton. If I “cherry picked” and added up the best score for each silhouette over the 3yrs AAA is possible if the silhouette gods are smiling on me. So I figure 5 chickens, 14 pigs, 10 turkeys & 12 rams ought to do it.

BTW, effective 1/31/19, the NRA has me correctly classified as AAA for SILH BLACK POWDER CARTRIDGE RIFLE SCOPE - better late than never.

Since it seems the classification names will be changing does anyone know if the range of scores will remain the same for each classification? Or am I jumping the gun on the name changes?

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
BFD

Post by BFD »

Wayne, you are jumping the gun.

Let the dust settle first. :)
Del

Post by Del »

MLV wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:13 pm I thought we would need to send photos of 2018s scorebook in to get the new classification card. However, I got mine yesterday for scoped BPCR silhouette. And it was correct.
I got mine a day after the day after I sent my stuff in to the email address. They got the info I think from what we had at Raton last year if you shot there. But it isn't complete so hopefully when they get my pictures I will get the other two classifications. They missed my iron BPCR and rifle lever gun classifications. The ones I got were correct.
Fortune Favors the Bold...