The Wyoming Sight Drifter is the "Cat's Meow"

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

John Boy

The Wyoming Sight Drifter is the "Cat's Meow"

Post by John Boy »

Ordered one ... http://www.wyomingsightdrifter.com/index.html
Am totally impressed with the drifter instead of a piece of flannel -brass punch and hammer:
Was in the safes today moving long arms around and pulled out a Stevens 44. Front sight was not centered so 1st use of the new sight drifter. With a V center gauge - a few snaps both ways with new sight drifter - dead nuts centered with no marks on the sight and so fast to center front sights
Totally Impressed with the Product - so much so I called Steve, the maker, and told him so
Regards
John
jackrabbit

Re: The Wyoming Sight Drifter is the "Cat's Meow"

Post by jackrabbit »

They are indeed an excellent product and a genius idea. Every shooting box should have one in it. You will find all kinds of other uses for it as well as moving sights around. For moving sights, it is so much easier to only move the sight a small amount than it is with a hammer and punch, besides being just plain easier to use. Steve is also an active BPCR shooter, a hell of nice guy, and he does everything he can to support ours and other matches. Thanks for posting John Boy!
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Here's another 'toy' I use for 'absolute mechanical zero ...
https://www.ebay.com/p/PEC-Round-Bar-Ce ... 2256069099
PEC Round Bar Center Finder Model #4200-100
* Set the "V" on the barrel flats with the finder arrow lined up with cut line on the finder.
* Look under the "V" and snap the Wyoming Sight Drifter until the post on the bottom of a globe insert centers up to the bore ... "Dead Nuts" front sight centered to the bore with no guessing
In addition, it insures the fore sight & vernier are lined up and the windage setting at zero is correct too
Regards
John
stevewhr

Post by stevewhr »

Thank you for the kind remarks gentlemen!
wyomingsightdrifter.com
X007

Post by X007 »

Steve I just put in my order to try one out. Looks like a nice piece of kit for the tool collection!
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Thank you for the kind remarks gentlemen!
Steve, except for Don McDowell - there are more owners of the your Sight Drifter on the ASSRA forum and couldn't be more pleased with it... https://www.assra.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB ... 1554135427
Regards
John
Randy Bohannon

Post by Randy Bohannon »

Another happy user of a fine tool. The Win/Miroku lever guns front sights are most difficult to remove that I have tried to remove. I had one so tight I had to take it to the gunsmith to put in a vise and heat it up and pound it out. It came out without damage. Then I bought the Wyoming Sight Drifter and two additional Win/Miroku lever guns this tool has kept me out of his shop for dumb things
hipshot1

Post by hipshot1 »

I have two, one in my shooting bag and one in my shop. They work great.
A man must standup before you can see how long of a shadow he will cast
40-65rl

Post by 40-65rl »

I have been fortunate to win a couple since Steve is very generous with his donations to the matches I shoot. I now have three. One in BPCR box, one in my lever gun box and one in the shop. It cannot be a better tool for moving sights!!!! Forgot I donated one at the .22 BPRA nationals last year also. Guess I have been the over stuffed.
Shadow 4

Post by Shadow 4 »

Finally got to use mine this morning, outstanding tool. I do however believe there's some monetary compensation due. If you don't steer clear your finger, it WILL smartly put a blood blister on said appendage :cry: it may bleed profusely, possibly, no particular reason, just saying

Appears to be a quite dangerous instrument, substantial training should be required :roll:
Cowards rule the world these days.
Coward rules & coward customs
To succeed today, all you've got to know is how to blame & how to complain
hipshot1

Post by hipshot1 »

Shadow 4, Maybe you should do a video of how not to use the sight drifter. :shock: :shock:
A man must standup before you can see how long of a shadow he will cast
Gussy

Post by Gussy »

To avoid damaging equipment, always put your finger between the tool and hammer.. :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
mdeland

Post by mdeland »

Great idea, like finding gold nugget in a stream bed while salmon fishing!
parkergunz

Post by parkergunz »

At the Billings gun show yesterday, I was able to find a vintage adjustable rear sight for my Winchester 67. Early production 1934-1935.
When I got home I was able to put my new Wyoming Sight Drifter to its first test. I had the sight off in seconds and WITHOUT any injury of any type. :wink: I drifted the new sight into place just as easy and injury free.
It's a great little tool.