The suspense is killing me!!!

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

bobw

Re: The suspense is killing me!!!

Post by bobw »

Don't know why you bitching YH I saw and handled a Farmingdale in the late 70's and didn't get my LRE until December of 1991, over 12 years of doing without. Now days all a guy has to do is watch the gun inventory room and get one. If'n your half as smart as you think you are when you go to pick up your "learner rifle" from the gun inventory room selection you leave the order and deposit for the next one. :lol: . Just sayin life ain't near as bad as the bad old days when you waited for 4+ years on an ordered rifle. :( Guy can buy a gun over the counter to get started with in Big Timber at Shiloh 3-4 times a year .Take it up on the mountain, shoot the hell out of it, go back to town drink some Micro brews, eat a steak stay the nite at a local hotel/motel and enjoy the finest road trip with the greatest reward when one hits Big Timber. Wait time anymore don't mean sh*t. bobw
bobw
Yellowhouse

Post by Yellowhouse »

If you waited 12 yrs thats your own fault! :D My last one took a paltry 14 months....some delay due to bells and whistles.
Sam
Yellowhouse

Post by Yellowhouse »

If you waited 12 yrs thats your own fault! :D My last one took a paltry 14 months....some delay due to bells and whistles.
Sam
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

I got to shoot one at my first silhouette match almost 10 years ago now. I am still Patiently waiting keeping my phone close by just waiting for the big call.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

Bill called me Monday. My rifle is ready. When I get home Thursday first thing I will do is write a check and put it in the mail. We have a light at the end of the tunnel. I’ll post pictures of course when it arrives.
Woody

Post by Woody »

There you go!!!!! You coming to Friendship this month? I want to see it.

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

I’m not sure when I will be at friendship again :( I’m hoping for July but just depends on work and such.
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I got the call from Bill about 3 weeks ago and picked up my #1 in 40/70 SS last Wed. I'm waiting on a front sight from Distant Thunder. When I get it I'll post a picture. Lucinda called me a week after Bill Goodman and I thought "O boy I'll have 2 new ones at almost the same time" but she only had a question on the build. My '77 is on the floor but it will still be a while.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

John I have a DT front sight waiting already
kenny s

Post by kenny s »

Yup, something about a Shiloh.
when I was at the range yesterday. I heard one of the other shooters say.
yeah, it's nice, and of course, It's a Shiloh!

those black rifle semi auto guys seem to know too....Ken
Crowndog

Post by Crowndog »

Tic.....Toc......
Gentlemen, I too am counting down and have about three more months until my build begins. I’m a newbie here and after reading these posts am I to understand that there are other ways to get a Shilo Sharps other than ordering one from them by phone? And it’s quicker?
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

I ordered one of mine through Bill Goodman. It took almost exactly 1 year to get it from the time I ordered it. This was my second one from Bill. the 1st one was at least 5-7 years ago and only took 6 months to get. It depends on the configuration as to how long it takes. Shiloh only runs round barrels, bull barrels and standard weigh barrels occasionally. Bill always has some on order and they can be changed right up to the time the order hits the floor. Bill gets $200 for his efforts but for many it is worth it.

The other way to get one quicker is just to call Shiloh to see what is on the rack or hitting the rack soon. It may not be exactly what you want but it might be close enough. Ones on the rack don't last long as Shilohs are always in demand.
"Perfection consists not so much in doing extraordinary things as in doing ordinary things extraordinarily well"
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

was just about to get one off the rack but after giving it a lot of thought I didn’t want the standard 18 twist. I really wanted a 45/70 with a 16 twist. Now that it’s almost here I’m glad I went the way I did
John Bly

Post by John Bly »

Ian, will I see you in KY or MI? I'm going to both.
ian45662

Post by ian45662 »

I won’t be at Kentucky. I was planning on Alma but we might be having an outage at work so as of now it’s up in the air. :(