new slug measuring service

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

slopok

new slug measuring service

Post by slopok »

hi,

looking for the address of the new guy who will measure your barrel slug.it was in a magazine lately,but of course when you look for those things again,you can,t find or remember where you saw it.thanks if you can help me.
slopok
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so."

~RONALD REAGAN
slopok

Re: new slug measuring service

Post by slopok »

i found it in " the fouling shot " page 258-6 thanks anyway.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so."

~RONALD REAGAN
ChrisF

Post by ChrisF »

Shouldn't the manufacturer be able to tell you bore diameter
slopok

Post by slopok »

i,m sure ken would,if he was still with us.

~RONALD REAGAN
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

slopok wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:28 pm hi,
looking for the address of the new guy who will measure your barrel slug.it was in a magazine lately,but of course when you look for those things again,you can,t find or remember where you saw it.thanks if you can help me.
slopok
Curious why you need someone to measure your barrel slug? Does the bore have odd number of riflings?

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com
slopok

Post by slopok »

wayne,

getting the bore dia.isn,t that differcult.getting the groove depth and groove dia. isn,t as easy without the proper tools.o.h.mckagen from cast bullet ass.provided that service for free until he passed.david reiss has the the tools now and will measure your slugs for free.why not take advantage of this service if you want to know the specs before ordering an expensive custom mould ? the gun i,m working on has a ken breissen barrel and is anything but standard.very narrow grooves.follow all your treads and enjoy them.am i missing some thing ?

slopok

~RONALD REAGAN
TexasMac

Post by TexasMac »

slopok wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:29 am wayne,
getting the bore dia.isn,t that differcult.getting the groove depth and groove dia. isn,t as easy without the proper tools.o.h.mckagen from cast bullet ass.provided that service for free until he passed.david reiss has the the tools now and will measure your slugs for free.why not take advantage of this service if you want to know the specs before ordering an expensive custom mould ? the gun i,m working on has a ken breissen barrel and is anything but standard.very narrow grooves.follow all your treads and enjoy them.am i missing some thing ?
slopok
Interesting. Assuming you mean very narrow grooves in the slug which represent narrow lands in the bore, I can understand the bore or land diameter may be trough to measure. But I've never had a problem with a well-formed slug by measuring the end of the slug with the thin jaw tips of vernier calipers. If the lands & groove are even numbers it's easy to measure the bore groove diameter with vernier calipers. I may be missing something.

Wayne
NRA Life (Benefactor & President's Council) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF Member, Author & Publisher of the Browning BPCR book
http://www.texas-mac.com