NRA Convention Indy

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

RD4570

NRA Convention Indy

Post by RD4570 »

The NRA Convention is next weekend in Indianapolis, anyone here looking to attend?
RD4570

Re: NRA Convention Indy

Post by RD4570 »

I made it over to the Shiloh booth and met Jim Kidwell and spent some time talking with him as well as the others,great people to talk to.
SSShooter

Post by SSShooter »

Looks like the folks at the top of the NRA are having quite a squabble about which of them should be able to take the maximum amount of our money and stuff into their pockets. Appears Ollie North is the loser and lapierre remains supreme. I'll guess that the end result is that everything will be 'swept under the rug' as the winners continue to line their pockets and support their lifestyle on our dollar.
Glenn
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

Maybe this is the beginning of the uncovering of something we all need to know, and maybe it will be brought into the light. Maybe it is a bunch of fake news, I don't know enough about it to make any allegations of any kind, so I will wait and see what comes of it.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Whatever it is - it comes at the same time Trump shows up willing to be a friend to gun owners. I wonder how many more politicians will risk their political capital on a corrupt gun organization whose members get drunk and throw their phone at the only friend we have in office right now. To those outside the NRA this just confirms everything they think about the NRA and gun owners. What a shame.
lefteye

Post by lefteye »

Let us wait and see. Something smells badly. Like a dead fish, the head starts to smell first...
keep smiling :D
Coltsmoke

Post by Coltsmoke »

S Fogler, I have not heard of this phone throwing, tell us more about that.
Normal isn't coming back, but Jesus is.
SFogler

Post by SFogler »

Some goober named William Rose threw a phone onstage as Trump was about to go to the podium for a speech at the NRA rally.

Quotes from yesterday's Fox News article:
"...Rose was intoxicated at the event."
"...William Rose, a subject in the investigation, was transported to receive a mental health evaluation." Secret Service hauled him off for a psych eval. Great huh? - make us all look like what the Dems already think we are. He'll be the poster child for the "need for mental health evals for gun owners" legislation.

Link to Fox News:
Pictures show moments after Indiana man threw phone at Trump during NRA rally
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pictur ... -nra-rally
desert deuce

Post by desert deuce »

Really, you say the man was from Indiana, eh? Hmmmm
Sometimes you get the chicken, and sometimes you get the feathers!
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Hey, not everyone in Indiana throws their phones. :roll: :lol:

I will not be surprised if they find that the phone just slipped out of his hand while moving his arms around exuberently.

And I also would not be surprised if some mental health "professional" will be glad to have an opportunity to find that someone who a) believes in 2nd Amendment, or b) doesn't hate President Trump, is mentally defective.....

But then I am just a skeptical old guy...
RD4570

Post by RD4570 »

The highlight of my day was me and my wife meeting Chuck Norris and his wife at the Glock booth. Both were very nice and didn’t rush us through.