Lee Shaver and Shiloh MVA aperture sights.

Talk with other Shiloh Sharps shooters.

Moderators: Kirk, Lucinda

johnl

Lee Shaver and Shiloh MVA aperture sights.

Post by johnl »

Gents

Well I got a Lee Shaver .22 insert for my #1 Sporter. Price was half of a new Crossno in Canadian Pesos :lol: Target was challenging due to the bright sunny day and dark overhang of the range and the brisk breeze. The chamber insert takes a little to get use to. Setting headspace etc was painless. Bottom picture of the target set at 50 yards. First two shots high before I adjusted the MVA sight to dead center. Things I observed, need a dedicated single shot rifle with optics. This set up will satisfy the .22lr bug for now.

Woody

Re: Lee Shaver and Shiloh MVA aperture sights.

Post by Woody »

Thought for a minute, I was looking at a Australian range. :shock:

Woody
Richard A. Wood
If you are surrounded. You are in a target rich environment.
johnl

Post by johnl »

Woody wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:40 am Thought for a minute, I was looking at a Australian range. :shock:

Woody

I hear ya Woody, unfortunately the executive caved to urban sprawl and local complainers and installed these baffles and shooting tubes do to perceived noise and the odd ricochet ssue :( even though the range has been there for over 60 years never a problem in the past. Many members have quit and joined other clubs, try shooting black through a tube. I only keep going mostly due to a heated indoor range for my pistols and I belong to another range without all this bs and shoot my black powder guns there.

gunlaker

Post by gunlaker »

Woody I was going to say the same. John aren't you from Canada, or are you on vacation in the Land Down Under ? :-)

Chris.